June 1 (Reuters) - France-based listed investment group Wendel says:
* Says will sell 20 million Saint-Gobain shares which represents about 3.6 percent share capital.
* Frédéric Lemoine, Chairman of Wendel’s Executive Board says transaction is in line with Wendel’s strategy to pursue its shift towards unlisted assets.
* Wendel says following transaction it will retain. approximately 2.5 percent in Saint-Gobain’s share capital and 4.5 percent of voting rights.
* Wendel says transaction will grant it additional financial resources to implement its investment strategy for 2017-2020.
* Wendel says BNP Paribas, Citigroup and Goldman Sachs acted as joint bookrunners of the transaction, while Goldman Sachs is sole global coordinator of transaction. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Bate Felix; editing by John Irish)