(Adds news items and FTSE open)
Aug 22 (Reuters) - Britain’s FTSE 100 opened 0.3 pct lower on Wednesday.
* CAPITA: Capita Plc on Wednesday named bus and rail company Go-Ahead Group’s Patrick Butcher as its chief financial officer, as the British outsourcing firm’s new boss Jon Lewis pushes forward with a rebuilding plan.
* HEADLAM: British floor coverings distributor Headlam Group saw like-for-like revenue fall 5 percent in the UK in the first half and cautioned that its full-year results would likely be at the lower end of current market expectations.
* SUPERDRUG: British pharmacy Superdrug said late on Tuesday there had been a “possible disclosure” of personal information of some of their Superdrug.com customers, which could include names, addresses, dates of birth and telephone numbers.
* SAINSBURY: Martin Walker, UK equities fund manager at Invesco Perpetual, the third largest shareholder in J Sainsbury Plc, has backed its proposed 12 billion pounds ($15.30 billion) merger with Asda, The Times reported on Wednesday. bit.ly/2w02hls
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * For Top News : topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Justin George Varghese)