CAIRO, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Egypt’s public prosecutor said on Wednesday that the e-coli bacteria was a factor in the deaths of two British tourists in the Red Sea resort of Hurghada last month.
The prosecutor gave details in a statement of an official medical report after an investigation into their deaths.
It said John Cooper, 69, was suffering from health problems but that e-coli was a cause of heart failure that led to his death. Cooper’s wife Susan, 63, was also likely to have been affected by e-coli and died of gastroenteritis. (Reporting by John Davison; Editing by Hugh Lawson)