REUTERS - The sole surviving gunman in the Mumbai attacks pleaded guilty on Monday, but India has charged 37 others in the three-day slaughter of 166 people. Only two besides Kasab are in Indian custody; the rest are thought to be in Pakistan.
Here is a look at some of the accused in Pakistan:
* HAFIZ MOHAMMED SAEED: Founder of the militant Islamist Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) group, which India blames for the attacks executed by 10 heavily armed gunmen. Nine were killed.
Saeed was put under house arrest in early December. But last month, a Pakistani high court ordered his release, saying there was no evidence of his involvement. He denies any role.
India says it has handed over sufficient evidence to Pakistan regarding Saeed’s involvement and wants him rearrested. Pakistani authorities have challenged his release order in a higher court.
Experts say tensions between India and Pakistan can ease only after all the Mumbai perpetrators are brought to justice.
* ZAKI-UR-REHMAN LAKHVI - An LeT commander, Lakhvi is accused of masterminding the assault on India’s financial and entertainment hub.
Pakistan has acknowledged Lakhvi’s complicity and said it has enough evidence against him and will put him on trial for the Mumbai killings. He is currently in Pakistani custody.
* ZARAR SHAH - Pakistani media say Shah, an LeT commander, has confessed to staying in constant touch with the 10 gunmen during the siege. He is currently in custody and awaiting trial.
* ABU AL QAMA - He is being held at Adiala jail in Rawalpindi, the garrison town next to Islamabad, where the trial against him, Lakhvi and three others was scheduled to begin on Saturday.
Pakistan has released a list of 13 other suspects still at large.