Reuters logo
DLF plans to sell stake in insurance JV: report
May 8, 2012 / 5:21 AM / 6 years ago

DLF plans to sell stake in insurance JV: report

MUMBAI (Reuters) - DLF, India’s biggest property company, plans to sell a majority stake in its life insurance joint venture to HCL Group for about 5 billion rupees, the Business Standard reported on Tuesday.

A man rides pass an advertisement of Indian property developer DLF Ltd. in Gurgaon June 11, 2007. REUTERS/Adnan Abidi/Files

Cash-strapped DLF aims to sell 51 percent in DLF Pramerica Life Insurance Company and use the proceeds to pay a part of its debt, the newspaper said, citing people with knowledge of the situation. KPMG has been appointed as advisor, it added.

DLF has debt of about $4.2 billion and has been trying to reduce the burden by selling its non-core assets including the Amanresorts International hotel chain and a property in Mumbai.

The company owns 74 percent in the joint venture and U.S.-based Prudential International Insurance holds the remaining 26 percent.

A DLF spokesman said the company does not comment on market speculation. A spokeswoman at HCL Group, whose flagship is technology services firm HCL Technologies, also declined comment.

Reporting by Aditi Shah; Editing by Ranjit Gangadharan

Our Standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.
0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below