COPENHAGEN, June 23 (Reuters) - Diabetes drugmaker Novo Nordisk on Saturday presented findings from the DUAL IX study at the American Diabetes Association’s 78th Scientific Sessions.
* The study showed significant blood sugar improvement with Xultophy compared to Sanofi’s> insulin glargine U-100, marketed as Lantus, when used as add-on to oral diabetes medications.
* Adults with type 2 diabetes treated with Xultophy also experienced no change in body weight, lower rates of hypoglycaemia and a lower insulin dose at 26 weeks.
* Mean body weight remained unchanged in the Xultophy study group versus a 2.0 kg weight gain with insulin glargine U-100.
* Treatment with Xultophy demonstrated a 58 percent lower rate of hypoglycaemia versus insulin glargine U-100.
* Adverse events were similar across both treatment groups. (Reporting by Copenhagen newsroom)