(Reuters) - Arsenal appointed former Paris St Germain boss Unai Emery as their manager on Wednesday. The Spaniard replaces Arsene Wenger, who left the Premier League club at the end of the season after nearly 22 years in charge.
Here are some key facts about Emery:
* Born Nov. 3, 1971 in Hondarribia, Spain.
* Began his playing career in 1990 as a midfielder with Real Sociedad B in the second-tier of Spanish football.
* Made five appearances for the Real Sociedad first team in La Liga before representing Spanish sides Toledo, Racing Ferrol, Leganes and Lorca Deportivo.
* After his playing career ended in the 2004-05 season due to a knee injury, Emery took charge at Lorca Deportivo.
* Had further stints at Almeria, Valencia and Spartak Moscow before he moved to Sevilla in 2013, where he led the team to three consecutive Europa League titles from 2014.
* Joined PSG in June 2016 and won both French cups in his first season before leading them to a domestic treble the following campaign.
UEFA Europa League: 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16.
Ligue 1: 2017-18.
Coupe de France: 2016-17, 2017-18.
Coupe de la Ligue: 2016-17, 2017-18.
European Coach of the Season: 2013–14.
UNFP Manager of the Year: 2017-18.
Compiled by Shrivathsa Sridhar in Bengaluru; Editing by John O'Brien