(Reuters) - Match-by-match facts and statistics ahead of round eight of the Premier League on Oct. 5-Oct. 7 (games at 1400 GMT unless stated):
Friday Oct. 5
Brighton & Hove Albion v West Ham United (1900)
- Brighton beat West Ham in both Premier League games last season, scoring six goals and conceding one.
- Brighton have lost four out of seven league games this season, including the last two.
- West Ham are undefeated in their last three league games and beat Manchester United 3-1 last time out.
- West Ham last claimed back-to-back league wins on the road in February 2017.
- Brighton forward Glenn Murray has struck five times in four league games against West Ham.
Saturday Oct. 6
Burnley v Huddersfield Town
- Both Premier League games between Burnley and Huddersfield ended goalless last season.
- Basement side Huddersfield are without a win and have lost five out of their seven matches.
- After a poor start, Burnley are looking for their third win on the trot.
- Huddersfield have scored three league goals, the fewest among all teams.
- Burnley have played the most long balls (556) ahead of Watford (510) and Huddersfield (508).
Crystal Palace v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Palace and Wolves will face off in the Premier League for the first time.
- Wolves have lost one game, bettered only by the unbeaten trio of Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea.
- Palace have beaten Wolves in their last three meetings in all competitions, scoring eight goals.
- Palace have not scored in their previous three home games in the league despite attempting 44 shots.
- Wolves forward Raul Jimenez has been involved in four goals, scoring two and assisting two.
Leicester City v Everton
- Leicester have beaten Everton four times in 24 Premier League meetings, with three wins coming at home.
- Everton have kept one clean sheet in their last 12 away games in the league. They have let in six goals in three games on the road this season.
- Leicester have three wins from their last four league games at the King Power Stadium, as many as they had in their previous 11 games in the competition.
- Everton midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored three times in his last three league games.
- Leicester midfielder James Maddison scored three goals and assisted two in the league this season.
Tottenham Hotspur v Cardiff City
- Tottenham have beaten Cardiff in their two previous Premier League games, with both matches finishing 1-0.
- Cardiff have made a poor start and are on a four-game losing run.
- Cardiff return to Wembley for the first time since their 2012 League Cup final defeat by Liverpool.
- Tottenham have not lost to a promoted side in 37 league games, winning 34 times.
- If Tottenham striker Harry Kane scores, he will have found the net against all 27 Premier League teams he has faced.
Watford v Bournemouth
- Five of the six Premier League games between Watford and Bournemouth have been draws. Watford won the other 2-0 in 2017.
- Bournemouth have beaten Watford once in their last 14 meetings in all competitions.
- After making a strong start by winning four in a row, Watford are winless in their last three league games.
- A win for Bournemouth will give them 16 points from eight games. They took 16 matches to reach that figure last season.
- Watford midfielder Roberto Pereyra has played a part in seven goals in his last eight league appearances at home, scoring six.
Manchester United v Newcastle United (1630)
- United have beaten Newcastle 26 times in 46 Premier League meetings.
- Newcastle scored a shock 1-0 victory over Jose Mourinho’s side in their last match.
- Mourinho is under fire after United’s worst start to a season since 1989-90. They are 10th with 10 points.
- Newcastle are winless in seven games, their longest run without a victory since the 2015-16 season (eight games).
- United have conceded 12 goals so far. It took them 18 games to let in as many last season.
Sunday Oct. 7
Fulham v Arsenal (1100)
- Arsenal won 3-1 in their last Premier League trip to Fulham in 2013.
- Fulham have won three of their 26 Premier League matches against Arsenal, all at home.
- The teams have two red cards each from their last four league meetings at Craven Cottage.
- Fifth-placed Arsenal have won their last five league games after a shaky start.
- Fulham have not won in the league since beating Burnley 4-2 in August.
Southampton v Chelsea (1315)
- Chelsea have beaten Southampton 22 times in 38 Premier League meetings, including 11 wins on the road.
- Southampton are looking to avoid a third straight defeat after losing to Liverpool and Wolves.
- Third-placed Chelsea have drawn their last two games after winning their opening five.
- Chelsea forward Olivier Giroud has scored five goals in four games against Southampton in all competitions.
- Southampton are without a win in 25 league games against Big Six opponents.
Liverpool v Manchester City (1530)
- A total of 12 goals were scored in two Premier League meetings between the teams last season.
- Liverpool and City are unbeaten in seven league games this season and both have kept four clean sheets.
- Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has contributed to five goals in three games against City in all competitions this year, scoring three and assisting two.
- City striker Sergio Aguero has never scored for City in seven games at Anfield.
Reporting by Shrivathsa Sridhar in Bengaluru; editing by Clare Fallon