(Reuters) - Match-by-match facts and statistics ahead of the opening round of the Premier League on Aug. 10-12 Aug (games at 1400 GMT unless stated):
Friday, Aug. 10
Manchester United v Leicester City (1900)
- Manchester United and Leicester will meet for the 25th time in the Premier League.
- Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has not been beaten in nine opening-weekend matches, winning eight of them.
- Leicester are seeking their first win in eight league matches against United.
- United are without goalkeeper Sergio Romero, defenders Antonio Valencia, Marcos Rojo and Diogo Dalot as well as midfielder Nemanja Matic who are all out injured.
- United finished second last season while Leicester were ninth.
Saturday, Aug. 11
Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur (1130)
- Newcastle and Tottenham have played each other 46 times in the Premier League. Newcastle have won 21 of those games.
- The teams met at St James’ Park in their opening match last season. Tottenham won 2-0 with goals from midfielder Dele Alli and defender Ben Davies.
- Newcastle scored a 5-1 home win against Tottenham on the final day of the 2015-16 season.
- Newcastle finished 10th last season while Tottenham were third.
Bournemouth v Cardiff City
- This is the first meeting between Bournemouth and promoted Cardiff in the top flight.
- The teams have met 43 times in all competitions, with Bournemouth winning 18 games.
- Bournemouth have lost just one of their last eight matches against Cardiff, winning four and drawing three.
- Cardiff secured promotion after a draw with Reading to clinch second place in the second-tier Championship on the final day of last season’s campaign.
- Bournemouth finished 12th last season.
Fulham v Crystal Palace
- Fulham have beaten Palace twice in their four previous Premier League meetings.
- The teams drew 2-2 at Craven Cottage the last time they contested in the top-flight in 2014.
- Slavisa Jokanovic’s Fulham are back in the Premier League after four years. They finished third in the Championship last season and beat Aston Villa in the playoff final.
- Fulham have lost just one of their last eight matches against Palace in all competitions.
- Palace finished 11th last season.
Huddersfield Town v Chelsea
- This will be the third Premier League meeting between Huddersfield and Chelsea.
- The contest is new Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri’s first Premier League match in charge of the club. Sarri replaced the sacked Antonio Conte in July.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last eight league meetings with Huddersfield, winning five and drawing three. They last lost to Huddersfield in 1963.
- Huddersfield secured their top-flight status for this season with a 1-1 draw at Chelsea last season.
- Huddersfield finished 16th, Chelsea were fifth.
Watford v Brighton and Hove Albion
- Watford and Brighton will meet for the fifth time in the top-flight of English soccer.
- Brighton are unbeaten in their last three matches against Watford after losing 4-1 at home in 1982.
- Midfielder Pascal Gross sealed a 1-0 win for Brighton at the Amex Stadium last season. It was the only goal in two games between the teams.
- Watford have never won on the opening day of a Premier League season in five attempts.
- Watford finished 14th last season, Brighton were 15th.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Everton (1630)
- Promoted Wolves and Everton have played eight times in the Premier League, with the Merseyside club winning three.
- Everton have not lost in six league matches against Wolves. Their last defeat by Wolves was a 2-1 loss in 2004.
- Everton finished eighth last season. Wolves won the second-tier title last season to earn promotion back to the top-flight for the first time since 2012.
Sunday, Aug. 12
Liverpool v West Ham United (1230)
- Liverpool have won their last three Premier League games against West Ham, scoring four times in each.
- This will be new West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini’s first league game in charge of the club.
- Liverpool finished fourth last season and reached the final of the Champions League. West Ham endured a relegation battle before sealing 13th place.
Southampton v Burnley (1230)
- This will be the seventh Premier League meeting between Southampton and Burnley.
- Burnley have not lost in the last three Premier League games against Southampton, winning two and drawing once.
- Southampton have won two out of 19 matches on the opening day of the league, but never at home.
- Southampton have lost just two of their last 16 matches against Burnley at home.
- Southampton narrowly avoided the drop to the Championship last season, finishing 17th. Sean Dyche’s Burnley punched above their weight to seal seventh place.
Arsenal v Manchester City (1500)
- Arsenal boss Unai Emery takes charge of his first Premier League match since replacing the long-serving Arsene Wenger.
- Arsenal and City have met 42 times previously in the Premier League, with the London club winning 23 matches.
- City are unbeaten in last five league games with Arsenal.
- Arsenal have beaten City just once in their last six league matches at the Emirates Stadium.
- Pep Guardiola’s City cruised to the league title last season, finishing with 100 points. Arsenal were sixth.
Compiled by Shrivathsa Sridhar in Bengaluru; Editing by Martyn Herman