* Huddersfield held to 1-1 draw at home to Leicester
* Striker Depoitre scores for hosts just after halftime
* Vardy equalises with a penalty in the 50th minute
* Forward misses an open goal late on from a Mahrez cross
* Huddersfield visit Burnley next, Leicester host Liverpool
Sept 16 (Reuters) - Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy’s second-half equaliser earned the visitors a 1-1 draw at a dominant Huddersfield Town in the Premier League on Saturday.
David Wagner’s hosts squandered early opportunities from precise crosses before striker Laurent Depoitre marked his first league start this season with a goal straight after the break.
Leicester equalised four minutes later, with England forward Vardy converting a penalty after Chris Loew brought down midfielder Andy King at the John Smith’s Stadium.
Craig Shakespeare’s visitors came closest to picking up all three points but Vardy somehow managed to miss an open goal following a counter-attack led by winger Riyad Mahrez. (Reporting by Hardik Vyas in Bengaluru; Editing by Ken Ferris)