* Leicester City beat Watford 2-0 at the King Power Stadium
* Jamie Vardy scored in the 39th minute from the penalty spot
* Vardy was fouled in the box by Watford defender Molla Wague
* Riyad Mahrez doubled the lead in the first minute of added time
* Watford substitute Andre Gray went close in the second half
* Leicester travel to Everton next, Watford are at Stoke City
Jan 20 (Reuters) - A well-taken first-half penalty from striker Jamie Vardy and an injury-time goal from midfielder Riyad Mahrez gave Leicester City a 2-0 win over Watford in an entertaining Premier League game on Saturday.
Vardy, who was brought down in the Watford box as he looked to skip past Malian defender Molla Wague, picked himself up to neatly place his shot past goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis and give his side the lead in the 39th minute.
Mahrez then slotted past Karnezis, who replaced the injured Heurelho Gomes, in the first minute of added time as Watford pushed bodies forward in search of an elusive equaliser.
Watford’s best chance fell to substitute Andre Gray in the 74th minute but the striker’s fierce shot from inside the box was blocked by Leicester defender Harry Maguire. (Reporting by Shrivathsa Sridhar in Bengaluru; Editing by Toby Davis)