* Manchester City broke more records with a 3-1 win over Brighton
* The champions set a new mark for most points won in a season
* They also took their 2017-18 goal tally to 105, another landmark
* Yaya Toure given salute by fans in his farewell to the Etihad
* Danilo put City ahead after 16 minutes
* Leonardo Ulloa headed an equaliser four minutes later
* Bernardo Silva hit City’s record 104th league goal of the season
* Fernandinho sealed a record-equalling 31st victory in the 72nd
* City’s final game is at Southampton, Brighton end at Liverpool
May 9 (Reuters) - Champions Manchester City gave their departing midfield colossus Yaya Toure the ideal Etihad send-off by returning to record-breaking mode with a 3-1 rout of Brighton & Hove Albion on Wednesday.
Goals from Danilo, Bernardo Silva and Fernandinho saw City, who had suffered a goalless blip against Huddersfield Town on Sunday, take their season’s total to 97 points, eclipsing Chelsea’s Premier League-era record of 95 set in 2004-05.
Ivorian Toure could not land the dream goal to cap his splendid City career but City’s two first-half strikes, separated by a Leonardo Ulloa header for Brighton, ensured another record for most goals in a Premier League campaign.
City, who notched a 105th of the campaign through Fernandinho after the break, can now become the first English top-flight team to finish a season with a century of points and 32 wins should they prevail at Southampton on Sunday. (Reporting by Ian Chadband Editing by Toby Davis)