* Premier League leaders Manchester City beat Newcastle United 3-1
* Sergio Aguero’s 11th City hat-trick steered his side to victory
* Jacob Murphy had got Newcastle back in the match at 2-1
* Aguero now has 14 goals against Newcastle in the Premier League
* City restore 12-point lead at the top; Newcastle remain 15th
* City face West Bromwich Albion next; Newcastle host Burnley
Jan 20 (Reuters) - A Sergio Aguero hat-trick ensured Manchester City got back to winning ways in the Premier League after a 3-1 victory over Newcastle United at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday.
The Argentina international deftly headed in Kevin De Bruyne’s cross in the 34th minute, before converting a 63rd minute penalty to put City in command.
Newcastle rallied, with Jacob Murphy’s first goal for the club four minutes later getting his side back in it, before City goalkeeper Ederson almost gifted the visitors a leveller but recovered well to deny Mohamed Diame.
However, Leroy Sane set up Aguero seven minutes from time for his and City’s third, as the home side bounced back from defeat at Liverpool to restore their 12-point lead at the top of the standings after Manchester United had briefly cut it to nine earlier in the day. Newcastle remain 15th. (Reporting by Peter Hall; Editing by Christian Radnedge)