* Newcastle United beat Southampton 3-0 at St James’ Park
* On-loan winger Kenedy scored twice for the home side
* The Brazilian gave Newcastle a second-minute lead
* He made it 2-0 in the 29th after a superb counter-attack
* Matt Ritchie netted the third with a low show in the 57th
* Newcastle next host Huddersfield, Southampton visit West Ham
March 10 (Reuters) - Newcastle United moved clear of the Premier League’s relegation zone after on-loan Brazilian winger Kenedy scored twice and Matt Ritchie added another in a 3-0 home win over struggling Southampton on Saturday.
Kenedy, who was loaned to Newcastle by champions Chelsea in January, opened the scoring in the second minute and made it 2-0 in the 29th after a superb breakaway move involving Ayoze Perez and striker Dwight Gayle.
Ritchie scored the third shortly before the hour with a crisp low show from 20 metres as Newcastle celebrated their first win in eight Premier League games against the Saints, who have won only one of their last 17 top-flight matches.
Having scored his first goals for the Magpies, Kenedy also became the first Newcastle player to bag a brace at St James’ Park this season, with the home side missing several chances to win by an even bigger margin. (Writing by Zoran Milosavljevic, Editng by Ed Osmond)