* Stoke beat Arsenal 1-0 in the Premier League
* New loan signing Jese scored the winner
* Stoke had to withstand huge pressure from Arsenal
* Alexandre Lacazette had goal ruled out for fractional offside
* Jack Butland starred in fine rearguard action by home side
* Stoke at West Brom next, Arsenal visit Liverpool
Aug 19 (Reuters) - New signing Jese made a dream debut for Stoke City, scoring the winner in a 1-0 victory over Arsenal in the Premier League on Saturday.
The livewire Spaniard, signed on loan from Paris St Germain in midweek, started and finished the decisive move 90 seconds after halftime, slotting home expertly after a sharp link up with substitute Saido Berahino.
In an entertaining game, the former Real Madrid man’s goal prompted Arsenal to throw everything at the home defence in a bid to claw their way back but Jack Butland proved a rock in Stoke’s tremendous rearguard action.
Arsenal were denied an equaliser when Alexandre Lacazette’s strike was ruled fractionally offside but the defeat ensured the Gunners’ miserable sequence of being unable to win their first two matches of the season stretched to eight years. (Reporting by Ian Chadband, editing by Pritha Sarkar)