* Newcastle beat Swansea City 1-0
* Home keeper Fabianski made a great save from Joselu’s header
* Alfie Mawson headed wide for Swansea
* Jamaal Lascelles made a great goalline clearance
* Lascelles headed home a corner to seal victory
* Swansea at Tottenham next week, Newcastle host Stoke
Sept 10 (Reuters) - Newcastle United captain Jamaal Lascelles saved a certain goal at one end before scoring his side’s winner in a 1-0 victory at Swansea City in the Premier League on Sunday.
Lascelles powered home a close-range header from Matt Ritchie’s corner in the 76th minute to give Newcastle their second successive victory after losing their first two games.
Just past the hour mark defender Lascelles made a last-ditch intervention as Swansea’s Tammy Abraham rounded Newcastle keeper Rob Elliot and shot goalwards only to see Lascelles move in and prevent a certain goal.
Swansea gave a debut to new loan signing from Bayern Munich Renato Sanches but the Portuguese midfielder faded.
Newcastle had the best chance before the break when striker Joselu’s flicked header was superbly saved by Lukasz Fabianski.
Alfie Mawson headed wide for the hosts before the break while Tom Carroll’s left-footed volley was well saved by Elliot shortly before Lascelles’s saving clearance.
Newcastle have six points to Swansea’s four. (Reporting by Martyn Herman; Editing by Clare Fallon)