* Tottenham Hotspur beat Everton 4-0 at Wembley
* Son Heung-min put Tottenham ahead in the 26th minute
* Harry Kane doubled the lead for Tottenham after the restart
* The England international scored his second on 60 minutes
* Kane went past Teddy Sheringham’s Spurs record of 97 goals
* Christian Eriksen completed the rout in the 81st minute
* Spurs visit Southampton next, Everton host West Bromwich Albion
By Shrivathsa Sridhar TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 4 EVERTON 0
LONDON, Jan 13 (Reuters) - Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane became the London club’s top Premier League goalscorer with 98 goals after his second-half brace helped the hosts thump Everton 4-0 at Wembley Stadium on Saturday.
The in-form England international, who took his tally in all competitions this season to 28 goals, matched Teddy Sheringham’s feat after he tapped in Son Heung-min’s through ball after the restart before prodding in Eric Dier’s cross on the hour mark.
Midfielder Son earlier scored in his fifth straight league game to put the hosts ahead 1-0 in the 26th minute after darting in to tap home Serge Aurier’s cross after Christian Eriksen found the right back with a floated pass in the 26th minute.
With Everton’s defence in tatters, Eriksen completed the rout by collecting fellow midfielder Dele Alli’s clever flick on before beating Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford with a crisp finish in the 81st minute. (Editing by Christian Radnedge)