* Spurs were held to a 1-1 draw by West Bromwich Albion
* Salomon Rondon put West Brom ahead in the fourth minute
* Harry Kane equalised in the 74th with his 40th goal of year
* Managerless West Brom now winless in 11 Premier League matches
* Tottenham visit Leicester City next, West Brom host Newcastle
Nov 25 (Reuters) – Harry Kane scored his 40th goal of the year to salvage a 1-1 draw for Tottenham Hotspur against managerless West Bromwich Albion at Wembley in the Premier League on Saturday.
Salomon Rondon handed the visitors a fourth-minute lead by out-muscling Davinson Sanchez and rolling a low shot past Hugo Lloris.
Tottenham dominated possession but looked unlikely to score against a well-drilled Baggies team until Kane steered home Dele Alli’s cross in the 74th minute.
West Brom, who had Gary Megson in caretaker charge following Tony Pulis’s sacking last Monday, remain 17th in the standings, one point above the relegation zone, while Spurs close their gap to leaders Manchester City to 10 points but have played a game more. (Reporting by Matt Westby; Editing by Rex Gowar)