* Watford beat Brighton 2-0 in opening game
* Roberto Pereyra opened the scoring with a thunderous volley
* Argentine Pereyra doubled the advantage with neat finish
* Brighton handed debut to record signing Alireza Jahanbakhsh
* Watford visit Burnley next, Brighton host Manchester United
Aug 11 (Reuters) - Roberto Pereyra scored twice as Watford opened their Premier League campaign with a comfortable 2-0 victory over Brighton and Hove Albion on Saturday.
The Argentina international opened the scoring with a stunning volley, showing great composure to sweetly convert from Jose Holebas’ corner in the 35th minute.
The 27-year-old Pereyra doubled the hosts’ advantage soon after the break, driving into the box before curling a neat finish into the far corner from a tight angle.
Watford had 19 shots and could have won by more against a Brighton side who failed to register an effort on target in a disappointing opening-day defeat.
Reporting by Tom Hayward, editing by Ed Osmond