* Manchester City go top with 6-0 Watford victory
* Sergio Aguero opened the scoring with quickfire brace
* Gabriel Jesus scored third as City dominated first half
* Nicolas Otamendi scored header before Aguero completed hat-trick
* Raheem Sterling added a sixth from the penalty spot late on
* Watford visit Swansea next, City play West Bromwich Albion
Sept 16 (Reuters) - Sergio Aguero scored a hat-trick as free-scoring Manchester City climbed to the top of the Premier League with an irresistible 6-0 victory against Watford on Saturday.
Aguero opened the scoring in the 27th minute, heading home Kevin de Bruyne’s superb free kick, and doubled the lead within four minutes when he converted David Silva’s teasing cross from close range.
City were in exuberant mood and added a third before the break when the excellent Gabriel Jesus latched on to Aguero’s cute pass to stroke home in the 38th minute.
After Nicolas Otamendi headed in a fourth in the 63rd minute, Aguero completed his treble with a neat finish at the end of a sensational run. Raheem Sterling added a sixth from the penalty spot after he was brought down by Christian Kabasele late on.
City have 13 points from five games — three more than rivals Manchester United who play Everton on Sunday. Watford, in 10th, have eight points after their first defeat of the season. (Reporting By Tom Hayward; Editing by Clare Fallon)