(Adds scoreline, no change to text)
* West Ham United and Crystal Palace drew 1-1
* Christian Benteke gave Palace the lead in the 23rd minute
* West Ham captain Mark Noble equalised from the penalty spot
* The draw left both sides in mid-table
* West Ham visit Brighton next, Palace host Newcastle
By Jack Tarrant
LONDON, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Injury-plagued West Ham United fought back to salvage a 1-1 home draw against Crystal Palace in a hard-fought Premier League encounter at the London Stadium on Tuesday.
With 10 first team players missing, including influential pair Marko Arnautovic and Manuel Lanzini, the situation looked grim for West Ham boss David Moyes when Palace took the lead through Belgian striker Christian Benteke in the 23rd minute.
Yet the hosts responded and were rewarded when referee Neil Swarbrick awarded them a penalty for a foul by former Hammers defender James Tomkins, with West Ham captain Mark Noble calmly dispatching the spot kick two minutes before halftime.
The draw means West Ham go above Watford into 10th place, while Palace remain a point back in 12th.
Reporting by Jack Tarrant; Editing by Toby Davis