Sept 1 (Reuters) - Latest news and highlights from Europe’s top football leagues on transfer deadline day (all times GMT):
- Crystal Palace sign defender Mamadou Sakho from Liverpool on a four-year contract.
- The 27-year-old France international returns to Selhurst Park after helping the club to five wins and four clean sheets in eight Premier League appearances during his loan spell last season.
- Chelsea sign midfielder Danny Drinkwater from Leicester City on a five-year contract.
- The 27-year-old becomes the sixth signing of the transfer window for the Premier League champions following the arrivals of Willy Caballero, Antonio Rudiger, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Alvaro Morata and Davide Zappacosta, who signed earlier on Thursday.
Barkley snubs Chelsea in dramatic end to deadline day
Tottenham sign striker Llorente, Bony returns to Swansea
- Swansea City have re-signed Ivory Coast striker Wilfried Bony from Manchester City on a two-year deal, with the option to extend by another year.
- Bony returns to the Liberty Stadium following a two-and-a-half-year spell at City, where he struggled for first-team opportunities.
- Tottenham Hotspur have completed the signing of Spanish striker Fernando Llorente from Swansea City on a two-year deal.
- Llorente scored 15 Premier League goals to help Swansea avoid relegation last season.
- Chelsea have signed Italian full back Davide Zappacosta from Serie A side Torino on a four-year contract.
- “It is a dream for me to join Chelsea and play in the Premier League,” the 25-year-old said in a statement.
“I am very excited to be here and start working with the team. I hope I can show my quality to the coach, my team mates and the supporters.”
- Dutch goalkeeper Tim Krul has agreed a season-long loan switch to Brighton and Hove Albion from Newcastle United.
- Leicester City have signed Austrian defender Aleksandar Dragovic on a season-long loan deal from Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen.
- The 26-year-old, who signed a five-year deal with Leverkusen last season, underwent his medical while on international duty with Austria.
- Everton have signed teenage striker Nikola Vlasic from Croatian side Hajduk Split.
- The 19-year-old signed a five-year contract to become manager Ronald Koeman’s ninth signing of the transfer window.
- Spanish La Liga side Deportivo Alaves have signed Bojan on a season-long loan from Stoke City.
- The 27-year-old forward left the bet365 Stadium in January in search of regular first-team football but struggled to find form on loan at German Bundesliga side Mainz 05, scoring just once in 11 appearances.
- Watford have completed the signing of defender Molla Wague from Udinese on a season-long loan deal.
- The 26-year-old, who started his career at French side Caen, has 25 caps for Mali.
- French midfielder Nampalys Mendy returns to OGC Nice on a season-long loan deal after failing to make an impact at Leicester City.
- Mendy was expected to replace N‘Golo Kante at Leicester last season but made just seven appearances last season.
- Brighton and Hove Albion have signed right back Ezequiel Schelotto from Portuguese Primeira Liga side Sporting Lisbon on a three-year deal.
1805 ARSENAL‘S PEREZ REJOINS DEPORTIVO ON LOAN
- La Liga side Deportivo La Coruna have signed striker Lucas Perez on a season-long loan deal from Arsenal.
- The 28-year-old Spaniard returns to Deportivo, where he scored 17 league goals in the 2015-16 season before arriving at the Emirates last August.
- Italian Serie A side Torino have signed forward M‘Baye Niang on loan from AC Milan with an obligation to buy at the end of the season.
- France striker Kylian Mbappe has joined Paris St Germain on loan from AS Monaco with an option to buy the player at the end of the season.
- Any deal for the 18-year-old French striker next year could make him the second-most expensive player behind Neymar, who arrived at Parc des Princes for 222 million euros from Barcelona.
- Manchester City have loaned out centre back Jason Denayer for a fourth consecutive season.
- The 22-year-old Belgian will spend the season at Turkish club Galatasaray, where he had a successful loan spell in the 2015-16 season.
- Watford have signed left back Marvin Zeegelaar from Sporting Lisbon on a four-year deal.
- The Dutchman made 37 appearances for the 18-time Portuguese champions last season, including five in the Champions League.
- Germany’s Borussia Dortmund signed talented Manchester City teenager Jadon Sancho on a long-term contract.
- “We’re delighted that Jadon Sancho, who is at present one of the hottest prospects in European football, wants to and will play for Borussia Dortmund,” the club’s Sporting Director, Michael Zorc, said in a statement.
- Portugal winger Nani joined Serie A side Lazio on loan from Spain’s Valencia.
- The 30-year-old former Manchester United player has made 112 appearances for Portugal, scoring 24 goals.
- Liverpool striker Divock Origi was loaned to German side VfL Wolfsburg for the season.
- Origi has scored 21 goals in 77 appearances for Liverpool, but is behind Roberto Firmino, Daniel Sturridge and new signing Dominic Solanke in the pecking order.
- Watford signed Greece international goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis from Italian side Udinese on a season-long loan deal.
- The 32-year-old has made over 100 appearances for the Serie A club.
- Burnley signed Bermuda international striker Nakhi Wells from Huddersfield Town on a three-year contract.
- The 27-year-old spent three and a half years at Huddersfield and helped the Yorkshire club win promotion to the top flight last season.
1400 SWANSEA SEAL LOAN DEAL FOR BAYERN‘S SANCHES
- Welsh club Swansea City pulled off one of the most audacious deals of the window when they signed Bayern Munich’s Portuguese midfielder Renato Sanches on a season-long loan.
- Sanches was part of Portugal’s triumphant Euro 2016 squad and was named as player of the tournament.
1325 STOKE‘S RECORD SIGNING IMBULA LOANED TO TOULOUSE
- Stoke City midfielder Giannelli Imbula, signed for a club record 18.3 million pounds from Porto on Jan. 31, 2016, joined French club Toulouse on loan until the end of the season.
- Tottenham Hotspur completed the signing of Ivory Coast right back Serge Aurier from French club Paris St Germain for a fee reported to be 25 million euros ($30 million).
- The deal for the attack-minded 24-year-old had been in doubt because a criminal conviction had delayed Aurier’s work permit application.
1154 OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN JOINS LIVERPOOL
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain became the second England international to leave Arsenal in two days when he joined Premier League rivals Liverpool for a reported 40 million pounds.
- The 24-year-old midfielder’s move follows the exit of left back Kieran Gibbs, who joined West Bromwich Albion on a four-year deal on Wednesday.
- German Champions League club RB Leipzig strengthened their midfield with the transfer of Slovenian Kevin Kampl from Bayer Leverkusen. (Compiled by Simon Jennings in Bengaluru; Editing by Neville Dalton, Ken Ferris, Ian Ransom)