NEW YORK (Reuters) - Highlights from day six of the U.S. Open tennis championships on Saturday (all times GMT):
- Sixth-seeded Austrian Dominic Thiem beat Adrian Mannarino of France 7-5 6-3 6-4 to seal a fourth-round spot.
- The 23-year-old has progressed to the fourth round in his last five grand slams, starting with the 2016 U.S. Open, but has progressed past that stage only once, reaching the semi-finals of the French Open.
- The world number eight will next face either Roberto Bautista Agut or Juan Martin del Potro.
- Ukraine’s Alexandr Dolgopolov beat Serbian Victor Troicki 6-1 6-0 6-4 to advance to the fourth round.
- This will be Dolgopolov’s first appearance in the fourth round of a grand slam since 2011, when he reached the last 32 at the U.S. Open and the quarter-finals of the Australian Open.
- Czech Republic’s Lucie Safarova reached the fourth round of the U.S. Open for the second time in four years with a 6-3 6-2 win over Japan’s Kurumi Nara.
- World number one Karolina Pliskova of Czech Republic starts the action against China’s 27th-seeded Zhang Shuai in their third-round match at the Arthur Ashe stadium.
- Top-seeded Spaniard Rafael Nadal faces Argentina’s Leonardo Mayer and Swiss third seed Roger Federer plays Spain’s Feliciano Lopez at the main showcourt later on a cloudy Saturday.
- Sixth-seeded Austrian Dominic Thiem takes on Frenchman Adrian Mannarino at the Louis Armstrong Stadium followed by women’s 12th-seed Jelena Ostapenko’s clash with Russian Daria Kasatkina.
Compiled by Aditi Prakash in Bengaluru, editing by Ed Osmond