BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq’s military blamed a “terrorist group” for launching a Wednesday rocket attack on the semi-autonomous Kurdistan region’s capital, Erbil, and said there had been no casualties.
The attack was launched from the back of a vehicle in the northern Nineveh province, the military said in a statement, saying that the local commander responsible for securing the launch area has been suspended pending an investigation.
“Tonight on Wednesday a terrorist group targeted Erbil with a number of rockets,” the military said.
Reporting by Charlotte Bruneau; Writing by Ahmed Aboulenein; Editing by Leslie Adler
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.