(Reuters) - Apple Inc executives introduced app developers to hardware and software improvements at its Worldwide Developer’s Conference 2019 on Monday. Here are some highlights:
* Introduced Mac Pro computer for creative professionals starting at $5,999: Mac Pro video card includes programmable chip to speed up high-resolution video playback.
* Unveiled $1,000 monitor stand.
* High-performance AMD Radeon GPUs to power Mac Pro; Mac Pro will have 28-core Intel Corp processor.
* New 32-inch display called the Pro Display XDR.
* Introduced its new MacOS Catalina: replacing iTunes with Apple Music, Apple Podcasts and Apple TV app.
* New operating system called iPadOS, which is based on iOS for iPhones, making it easier to multi-task with the help of split-screen.
* Unveiled iOS 13, its latest version of its iPhone operating system.
* “Sign in with Apple” for web login: will allows users, for privacy reasons, to login with their Apple IDs instead of Facebook or Google ID. Apple says its system has better privacy.
* Operating system redesigned to include “dark mode”: gives system menus and apps a dark background.
* Unveiled a revamped Maps.
* Siri will have a more natural voice and work with apps like Pandora and Waze on CarPlay.
* Apple Watch able to download apps directly from app store.
* Cycle Tracking App for tracking menstrual cycles and activity trends. Data stays on the device and is encrypted.
Compiled by Sayanti Chakraborty in Bengaluru; Editing by Lisa Shumaker