ROME (Reuters) - A 12th person has died in northern Italy of coronavirus, while the number of confirmed cases has risen to 374, an increase of more than 50 on the day before, the head of the Civil Protection agency said on Wednesday.
Angelo Borrelli told reporters that the dead man was 69. All those who have died so far in the outbreak, which came to light on Friday, have been elderly and most had underlying health problems.
Reporting by Giselda Vagnoni; Editing by Crispian Balmer
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.