WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump has sent “principles” for drug pricing reform to lawmakers, White House spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham said in a statement on Tuesday.
The White House has called for legislation that would:
- “Cap Medicare Part D beneficiary annual out-of-pocket pharmacy expenses
- “Provide an option to cap Medicare Part D beneficiary monthly out-of-pocket pharmacy expenses
- “Offer protection for seniors against the out-of-pocket cost cliff created by ObamaCare
- “Give insurance companies an incentive to negotiate better prices for costly drugs
- “Limit drugmakers’ price increases.”
Reporting by Makini Brice; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman