52 Week Range
As of on the New York Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
Anthem Intend To Reaffirm 2020 EPS Outlook To Be More Than $21.00
Anthem Says COVID-19 Crisis Could Drive Shift In Consumers From Employer Market To Medicaid, ACA Segments - Conf Call
Anthem Posts Q1 Adjusted Earnings Per Share Of $6.48
Anthem, Inc. is a health benefits company. The Company operates through three segments: Commercial and Specialty Business, Government Business and Other. It offers a spectrum of network-based managed care plans to large and small employer, individual, Medicaid and Medicare markets. Its managed care plans include preferred provider organizations; health maintenance organizations; point-of-service plans; indemnity plans and other hybrid plans, including consumer-driven health plans; and hospital only and limited benefit products. It also provides an array of managed care services to self-funded customers, including claims processing, underwriting, stop loss insurance, actuarial services, provider network access, medical cost management, disease management, wellness programs and other administrative services. It provides an array of specialty and other insurance products and services, such as dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits and radiology benefit management.
Insurance (Accident & Health)
220 Virginia Avenue
Elizabeth E. Tallett
Independent Chairman of the Board
Gail K. Boudreaux
President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
John E. Gallina
Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
Leah S. Stark
Chief Human Resource Officer, Executive Vice President
Gloria M. McCarthy
Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
* INTEND TO REAFFIRM EARNINGS PER SHARE GUIDANCE FOR FY 2020 TO BE GREATER THAN $21.00, INCLUDING ABOUT $1.30 PER SHARE OF NET UNFAVORABLE ITEMS
Anthem Inc said on Thursday it will give customers $2.5 billion in discounts as the health insurer waived costs and offered premium credits following a steep drop in some medical services due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Health insurer Anthem Inc <ANTM.N> said on Thursday it will spend $2.5 billion in financial assistance, including issuing one-month premium credit to members enrolled in certain insurance plans.
* ANTHEM INC - EXTENDING COST SHARE WAIVERS FOR COVID-19 TREATMENT THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2020
Anthem Inc <ANTM.N> said on Wednesday that the COVID-19 pandemic could trigger a big shift in business mix and push more people into Medicaid or Obamacare health plans from employer-sponsored ones due to job losses across industries.
* ANTHEM INC SAYS THE COVID-19 CRISIS COULD DRIVE AN UNPRECEDENTED SHIFT IN CONSUMERS FROM THE EMPLOYER MARKET INTO ITS MEDICAID AND ACA SEGMENTS - CONF CALL
U.S. health insurer Anthem Inc reported a 1.8% drop in quarterly profit on Wednesday, hurt by weaker sales in the unit that sells employer-sponsored health plans.
* Q1 REVENUE $29.4 BILLION VERSUS REFINITIV IBES ESTIMATE OF $28.6 BILLION
* ANTHEM INC - ANNUAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS WILL BE HELD ON MAY 21, 2020 VIA LIVE WEBCAST ONLY. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* WILL EXPAND COVERAGE, EFFECTIVE APRIL 1, FOR MEMBERS IN AFFILIATED HEALTH PLANS UNDERGOING TREATMENT RELATED TO A COVID-19 DIAGNOSIS
* ANTHEM INC - CEO GAIL BOUDREAUX'S 2019 TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS $15.5 MILLION VERSUS $14.2 MILLION IN 2018 - SEC FILING
* AFFILIATED HEALTH PLANS WILL CONTINUE TO WAIVE COPAYS, COINSURANCE AND DEDUCTIBLES FOR DIAGNOSTIC TEST RELATED TO COVID-19
* ANTHEM -OFFERING UP TO 80 HOURS OF PAID EMERGENCY LEAVE FOR QUALIFYING NEEDS - INCLUDING IF ASSOCIATES ARE EXPERIENCING SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* ANTHEM ISSUES UPDATES REGARDING COVID-19 TESTING AND CARE TO SUPPORT AFFILIATED HEALTH PLAN MEMBERS
* TO REAFFIRM COMPANY'S NET INCOME GUIDANCE FOR FULL YEAR 2020 TO BE GREATER THAN $21.44 PER SHARE
* ANTHEM’S AFFILIATED HEALTH PLANS WAIVE MEMBER COSTS FOR COVID-19 TESTING, WHILE SUPPORTING TELEHEALTH AND 90-DAY MAINTENANCE MEDICATION SUPPLY
The U.S. health insurance industry's largest trade group on Thursday said it is addressing prevention, testing and treatment for the new coronavirus, including making sure that out-of-pocket costs do not prevent people from seeking care.
Anthem Inc on Wednesday warned medical costs in 2020 would be higher than market expectations as low-margin, government-backed health plans become a bigger portion of its business, sending the U.S. insurer's shares down about 6%.
U.S. health insurer Anthem Inc said on Wednesday its quarterly profit more than doubled, benefiting from the launch of its pharmacy benefits management business, IngenioRx.
Anthem Inc on Wednesday signaled earnings for 2020 could be better than feared, allaying some concerns that rising medical costs are eating into profits and sending shares of the No. 2 health insurer up 4%.
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.