52 Week Range
As of on the National Stock Exchange of India ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
India's Canara Bank Sept-Qtr Net Profit Rises
Canara Bank To Consider Amalgamation Of Syndicate Bank Into Co
India's Canara Bank June Qtr Net Profit Rises
Canara Bank Ltd. is an India-based bank. The Bank's segments include Treasury Operations, Retail Banking Operations, Wholesale Banking Operations and Other Banking Operations. The Bank provides personal banking, corporate banking, non-resident Indians banking, Internet banking, and micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) banking services. Its retail lending operations include education loans and vehicle loans. Its other services include merchant banking; depository services; executor, trustee and taxation services, and online payment services. It handles various government business products consisting of direct and indirect tax collections; payment of pensions of Central Government and State Government; handling of postal transactions and State Government treasury transactions; public provident fund scheme and senior citizens' saving scheme, and issue of inflation indexed bonds of Reserve Bank of India. It has approximately 5,850 branches, including over eight overseas branches.
112, Jayachamarajendra Road
Thothala Narayanasamy Manoharan
Non-Official Director, Non-Executive Chairman of the Board
R. A. Sankara Narayanan
Chief Executive Officer, Managing Director
Chief Financial Officer, General Manager
Compliance Officer, Company Secretary
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
India's Canara Bank Ltd reported a 152.5 percent surge in quarterly net profit on Monday, buoyed by higher interest income and a write-back of provisions made for mark-to-market losses.
** Canara Bank Ltd shares fall as much as 2.9 pct to 254.25 rupees
India's Canara Bank Ltd reported a 15.1 percent rise in second-quarter net profit on Wednesday, helped by a tax write-back.
** Shares of state-run Canara Bank Ltd rise as much as 5.19 pct to 272.40 rupees, their highest since June 15
State-run Canara Bank Ltd reported a surprise 11.9 percent rise in first-quarter net profit on higher interest income while its bad-loan provisions increased slightly.
Four Indian state banks reported on Friday a combined net loss of 117.29 billion rupees ($1.74 billion) for the fiscal fourth quarter due to a jump in bad-loan provisions following a tightening of the Reserve Bank of India rules.
India's Canara Bank Ltd on Friday posted a huge loss for the fourth quarter, hurt by higher provisions for bad loans.
* MARCH QUARTER NET LOSS 48.60 BILLION RUPEES VERSUS PROFIT OF 2.14 BILLION RUPEES YEAR AGO
* CLARIFIES ON NEWS ITEM ON ED ATTACHING 380.7 MILLION RUPEES IN BANK FRAUD CASE AGAINST ABHIJEET GROUP
* POST CAPITAL INFUSION BY INDIA GOVERNMENT, NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE SHAREHOLDER DIRECTORS ON CO'S BOARD WILL GET REDUCED TO 2 FROM LEVEL OF 3 Source text - http://bit.ly/2GXXBj4 Further company coverage:
* SEEKS SHAREHOLDERS' NOD TO ISSUE ABOUT 136 MILLION SHARES WORTH UP TO 48.65 BILLION RUPEES ON PREFERENTIAL BASIS TO GOVERNMENT OF INDIA Source text - http://bit.ly/2E8q5tC Further company coverage:
* SAYS TO CONSIDER CAPITAL INFUSION BY GOVERNMENT OF INDIA TO EXTENT OF 48.65 BILLION RUPEES AND PSB REFORMS AGENDA OF GOVERNMENT OF INDIA Source text - http://bit.ly/2GwUVK7 Further company coverage:
* SAYS IN QUARTER, NIM WAS 2.64 PERCENT (DOMESTIC) AND 2.39 PERCENT (GLOBAL) Source text - http://bit.ly/2rvIoTy Further company coverage:
Canara Bank Ltd said on Wednesday its third-quarter net profit plunged 61 percent, missing analysts' estimates, pulled down by higher provisions for bad loans.
* DEC QUARTER NET PROFIT 1.26 BILLION RUPEES VERSUS PROFIT OF 3.22 BILLION RUPEES YEAR AGO
* CO DID NOT ACCEPT BID FROM EMPANELLED MERCHANT BANKERS FOR SALE OF 4 PERCENT STAKE IN CAN FIN HOMES Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* SAYS N SIVASANKARAN DESIGNATED AS CFO, REPLACING N SELVARAJAN Source text - http://bit.ly/2Fi4CLZ Further company coverage:
India’s state-owned Canara Bank has hired Edelweiss, Jefferies, ICICI Securities and SBI Capital for a share sale that could raise up to Rs35bn (US$552m), two people with knowledge of the transaction said. The qualified institutional placement is likely to hit the market...
* SAYS NOT TO PURSUE STRATEGIC SALE OF ITS STAKE IN CANARA ROBECO ASSET MANAGEMENT CO FOR TIME BEING Source text - http://bit.ly/2BT4EYg Further company coverage:
* SAYS PROPOSES TO OFFLOAD 4 PERCENT STAKE IN CAN FIN HOMES THROUGH EMPANELLED MERCHANT BANKERS/INVESTMENT BANKERS Source text: http://bit.ly/2p5TTjy Further company coverage:
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.