52 Week Range
As of on the Toronto Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
Fairfax Financial Holdings Financial Results For The Third Quarter
Fairfax Extends Exchange Offer For Its 4.625% Senior Notes Due 2030
Fairfax Financial Reports Q2 Earnings Per Share $15.26
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (Fairfax) is a holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and the associated investment management. Fairfax subsidiaries provide a full range of property and casualty products, maintaining a diversified portfolio of risks across all classes of business, geographic regions, and types of insureds. Its segments include Insurance and Reinsurance, Runoff, Other, and Corporate and Other. The Insurance and Reinsurance segment includes Northbridge Financial Corporation, Odyssey Re Holdings Corp., and Crum & Forster Holdings Corp. The Runoff segment principally includes RiverStone Insurance (UK) Limited and Syndicate 3500. The Other segment consists of the Company's non-insurance operations, including Cara Operations Limited (Cara). Corporate and Other segment includes the parent entity (Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited) and its subsidiary intermediate holding companies.
Insurance (Prop. & Casualty)
95 Wellington St W Suite 800
Vivan Prem Watsa
Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer, Vice President
Peter S. Clarke
Chief Operating Officer, Vice President
Vice President, Treasurer
Eric P. Salsberg
Vice President - Corporate Affairs, Corporate Secretary
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
* FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LTD - CEO PURCHASED IN MARKET 482,600 SUBORDINATE VOTING SHARES OF FOR US$148.95 MILLION Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* FAIRFAX ANNOUNCES ENTERING INTO SWAP CONTRACTS IN RESPECT OF COMMON SHARES OF ENSIGN
* KENNEDY WILSON AND FAIRFAX LAUNCH NEW $2 BILLION REAL ESTATE DEBT PLATFORM
* FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LIMITED: FINANCIAL RESULTS FOR THE FIRST QUARTER
* FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LTD - PRICED APRIVATE OFFERING OF US$650 MILLION OF FAIRFAX'S SENIOR NOTES DUE 2030 AT AN ISSUE PRICE OF 100%
* FAIRFAX FINANCIAL - CURRENTLY ESTIMATING A NET LOSS IN FIRST QUARTER OF 2020 OF APPROXIMATELY $1.4 BILLION
* ANNOUNCES COVID-19 RESPONSE INCLUDING REDUCTIONS TO 2020 CAPITAL SPENDING PROGRAM AND OTHER COSTS AND REITERATES COMMITMENT OF ALL PARTIES TO TRANSACTION WITH DEXTERRA AND FAIRFAX FINANCIAL
* FAIRFAX FINANCIAL - HAS CANCELLED ATTENDANCE OF DIRECTORS, OFFICERS OF ALL OF ITS UNITS,FAIRFAX GROUP COMPANIES AT ITS APRIL 16 ANNUAL MEETING
* FAIRFAX FINANCIAL: FINANCIAL RESULTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED DECEMBER 31, 2019
* FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LTD - PAUL RIVETT HAS DECIDED TO RETIRE AS PRESIDENT OF FAIRFAX
Canadian billionaire Prem Watsa told shareholders of Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd on Thursday that the company will focus on internal growth at its key insurance business and step up efforts to boost its stock price by focusing on investment returns.
China's central bank has started seeking internal feedback on draft rules regulating financial holding companies, targeting big-name conglomerates that hold multiple financial licenses, said two sources with direct knowledge of the matter.
Fairfax Financial Holdings <FFH.TO>, owned by Canadian billionaire Prem Watsa, said on Monday it bought an almost 14 percent stake in steelmaker Stelco Holdings <STLC.TO> for C$250.1 million ($189.93 million).
Oct 4 - National Bank of Greece S.A. (“NBG”) announces the completion of the sale of its 99.83% stake in South African Bank of Athens (“SABA”) to GroCapital Holdings Limited (a consortium consisting of Afgri Holdings Proprietary Limited, Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited...
* FAIRFAX ANNOUNCES EARLY REDEMPTION OF NOTES DUE MAY 15, 2021
* QUARTERLY NET EARNINGS PER DILUTED SHARE AFTER PAYMENT OF PREFERRED SHARE DIVIDENDS $23.60
Toys "R" Us (Canada) Ltd on Friday received U.S. and Canadian court approval to sell itself to Prem Watsa's Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, the bankrupt toy retailer said in a statement.
* TOYS "R" US AND BABIES "R" US (CANADA) RECEIVES COURT APPROVAL FOR SALE TO FAIRFAX FINANCIAL
* FAIRFAX FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LTD - CO'S UNIT THOMAS COOK (INDIA) LIMITED CHANGED ACCOUNTING FOR OWNERSHIP INTEREST IN QUESS CORP. LIMITED
* PRICED PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED PRIVATE OFFERING OF $600,000,000 OF SENIOR NOTES DUE 2028 ( "NOTES") AT AN ISSUE PRICE OF 99.765%
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.