BRUSSELS EU antitrust regulators opened an investigation on Monday into Apple's bid for British music discovery app Shazam, concerned the deal might give the iPhone maker an unfair advantage in poaching users from its rivals.
MUMBAI/BENGALURU Fortis Healthcare Ltd has received as many as five offers for control of its private hospital business, but suitors have so far held back from making bold bids for the group as it faces rising debt and a regulatory probe.
MUMBAI Walmart Inc could seal a deal to buy a more than 51 percent stake in Indian online marketplace Flipkart as early as next week, two sources familiar with the matter said on Friday.
U.S. gas and electric utility CenterPoint Energy said on Monday it would buy rival Vectren Corp for about $6 billion to diversify its customer base and give it more scale.
BERLIN Irish toys group Smyths Toys has signed a deal to take over Toys 'R' Us in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, the German arm of the insolvent retailer said on Saturday.
FRANKFURT Russia's antitrust regulator FAS has approved Bayer's planned takeover of Monsanto, the German drugs and crop chemicals maker said, as it enters the home stretch to closing the $62.5 billion deal.
Indian hospital operator Fortis Healthcare will set up an advisory committee to evaluate binding offers from suitors lining up to buy the cash-strapped company or take a stake.
WASHINGTON AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson said on Thursday his company's bid to buy movie and TV show maker Time Warner would allow the two firms to serve customers better by lowering pay TV rates, rejecting government arguments the deal would raise consumer prices.
Fortis Healthcare Ltd said on Thursday it had received an improved binding offer worth 15 billion rupees ($228.3 million) from Hero Enterprise Investment Office and Burman Family Office.
NEW YORK/LONDON Rare disease drug maker Shire Plc said on Thursday it had rejected a $63 billion cash-and-stock acquisition offer by Japan's Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd , while Allergan Plc reversed course on pursuing a rival bid.
- Finance: Russia's VEB approves merger of Globex bank and Svyaz-Bank: agencies
- Technology: Britain likely to intervene in Daily Mirror-Express deal
- Healthcare: Clouds over Indian hospital chain Fortis keep suitors from making higher bids
- Consumer: Brazil's Kroton buys rival Somos in education deal worth up to $1.8 billion
- Energy: Subsea 7 makes $2 billion hostile bid to break up McDermott's U.S. deal
- Industrials: Utility CenterPoint Energy to buy Vectren in $6 billion deal
- M&A: UPDATE 4-Brazil's Kroton buys rival Somos in education deal worth up to $1.8 bln
- Bankruptcy: CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-U.S. extends deadline for Rusal sanctions, aluminum prices dive
- IPOs: TREASURIES-Supply, inflation worry lift U.S. 10-year yield to 4-year highs
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Gundlach on bond yields says 10 year above 3 percent will lead to higher rates - CNBC
- Hedge Funds: Commentary: Clock ticking on speculators' bearish dollar, U.S. yield bets
- Regulatory: Southwest cancels more U.S. flights as it inspects engines