SYDNEY/MELBOURNE For investors in Australia's Westfield Corp, its $16 billion sale to European property giant Unibail-Rodamco may mark a turning point for a mall industry under pressure to reinvent itself amid fierce online competition.
DAMMAM, Saudi Arabia Saudi Aramco signed on Wednesday agreements with foreign and local companies worth at least 39 billion riyals ($10.4 billion).
SYDNEY/MELBOURNE/PARIS Europe's biggest property firm Unibail-Rodamco is to buy U.S. and UK mall operator Westfield Corp for $16 billion, in a defensive move to create a global leader in a sector grappling with the online shopping challenge led by Amazon . | Video
HANOI/SINGAPORE Thai Beverage, through a Vietnam unit, has emerged as the only bidder which has registered to own at least 25 percent of the nation's top brewer, Sabeco, in which the government is selling a $5-billion stake.
Comcast Corp said on Monday it had abandoned its bid for most of the assets of Rupert Murdoch’s Twenty-First Century Fox Inc, leaving Walt Disney Co as the sole suitor in pursuit of the $40 billion-plus deal.
ZURICH/SYDNEY Zurich Insurance has agreed to buy Australia and New Zealand Banking Group's life insurance arm for A$2.85 billion ($2.1 billion), its biggest foray into Australia and its third in the last two years.
TOKYO A Hong Kong-based activist investor in Toshiba Corp has told the embattled conglomerate that the $18 billion sale of its chip unit to a Bain Capital-led group is no longer necessary after its recent capital injection, according to a letter seen by Reuters.
Activist investor Elliott Management Corp said on Monday NXP Semiconductors NV is worth about 23 percent more than Qualcomm Inc's $38-billion offer to buy the chipmaker.
LONDON BAE Systems and Qatar have entered into a contract valued at around 5 billion pounds ($6.7 billion) for the country to buy 24 Typhoon combat aircraft, the British defence group said on Sunday.
SAN FRANSICO Apple Inc on Monday confirmed it had reached a deal to acquire Shazam Entertainment Ltd, the U.K.-based app that lets users identify songs by pointing a smart phone at the audio source.
- Finance: Russia's USC plans sale of Helsinki shipyard as sanctions bite
- Technology: Toshiba, Western Digital end chip dispute; joint investment to resume
- Healthcare: Hospital operators in merger talks to form U.S. industry leader: WSJ
- Consumer: Pandox to buy hotel portfolio in UK and Ireland for $1 billion
- Energy: Saudi Aramco signs $10.4 billion worth of MOUs with companies
- Industrials: Malaysia's AirAsia says leasing unit deal should be finalised by March
- M&A: UPDATE 1-China's HNA says U.S lawsuit over failed deal 'baseless'
- Bankruptcy: Brazilian carrier Oi reaches deal with creditor groups -filing
- IPOs: BRIEF-Cedar Realty Trust Announces Pricing Of Public Offering Of Its 6.50 Pct Series C Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-China's HNA says U.S lawsuit over failed deal 'baseless'
- Hedge Funds: Hedge funds add wary sterling bets before EU summit
- Regulatory: BRIEF-Caterpillar's North America Machines Retail Sales For 3-Month Rolling Period Up 12 Pct
- India's July-September current account deficit more than doubles
- Supreme Court allows cement industry to use petroleum coke
- Inflation spike hits bonds, spurs rate policy and fiscal worries
- Supreme Court halts government takeover of Unitech management
- India delays deadline to link Aadhaar details to bank, phone services