DAMMAM, Saudi Arabia Saudi Aramco signed on Wednesday agreements with foreign and local companies worth at least 39 billion riyals ($10.4 billion).
SYDNEY/MELBOURNE/PARIS Europe's biggest property firm Unibail-Rodamco is to buy U.S. and UK mall operator Westfield Corp for $16 billion, in a defensive move to create a global leader in a sector grappling with the online shopping challenge led by Amazon . | Video
HANOI/SINGAPORE Thai Beverage, through a Vietnam unit, has emerged as the only bidder which has registered to own at least 25 percent of the nation's top brewer, Sabeco, in which the government is selling a $5-billion stake.
Comcast Corp said on Monday it had abandoned its bid for most of the assets of Rupert Murdoch’s Twenty-First Century Fox Inc, leaving Walt Disney Co as the sole suitor in pursuit of the $40 billion-plus deal.
ZURICH/SYDNEY Zurich Insurance has agreed to buy Australia and New Zealand Banking Group's life insurance arm for A$2.85 billion ($2.1 billion), its biggest foray into Australia and its third in the last two years.
TOKYO A Hong Kong-based activist investor in Toshiba Corp has told the embattled conglomerate that the $18 billion sale of its chip unit to a Bain Capital-led group is no longer necessary after its recent capital injection, according to a letter seen by Reuters.
Activist investor Elliott Management Corp said on Monday NXP Semiconductors NV is worth about 23 percent more than Qualcomm Inc's $38-billion offer to buy the chipmaker.
LONDON BAE Systems and Qatar have entered into a contract valued at around 5 billion pounds ($6.7 billion) for the country to buy 24 Typhoon combat aircraft, the British defence group said on Sunday.
SAN FRANSICO Apple Inc on Monday confirmed it had reached a deal to acquire Shazam Entertainment Ltd, the U.K.-based app that lets users identify songs by pointing a smart phone at the audio source.
Gorilla Glass maker Corning Inc said on Monday it would buy substantially all of 3M Co's communication markets business for about $900 million in cash.
- Finance: Russia's USC plans sale of Helsinki shipyard as sanctions bite
- Technology: Ex-Trump aide Carter Page tells court to stop AT&T Time Warner deal
- Healthcare: Hospital operators in merger talks to form U.S. industry leader: WSJ
- Consumer: Saudi Aramco signs $10.4 billion worth of MOUs with companies
- Energy: Poland's PKN seeks full control of Czech unit Unipetrol
- Industrials: Debt-laden Carillion secures deal to sell part of UK healthcare unit
- M&A: UK's Wood Group sees 2017 core earnings of $590-$600 mln
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Debt-laden Carillion secures deal to sell part of UK healthcare unit
- IPOs: UPDATE 2-European stock, bond futures open on Eurex after delay
- Private Capital: Sweden's Ratos sacks CEO as turnaround remains illusive
- Hedge Funds: Hedge funds add wary sterling bets before EU summit
- Regulatory: UPDATE 1-European shares open on a cautious note ahead of Fed meeting