NEW YORK Fujifilm Holdings Corp sued Xerox Corp on Monday for well over $1 billion, faulting the printer and copier company for succumbing to pressure from activist investors Carl Icahn and Darwin Deason in calling off a proposed merger. | Video
MADRID/LONDON Private equity firm KKR is close to buying a stake in the telecom towers business of Altice , three sources told Reuters, a deal that will help the telecoms and cable group to pay down debt and reshape its European operations.
LONDON Mid-sized bank CYBG has agreed to buy Virgin Money in a 1.7 billion pound ($2.3 billion) all-share deal that it said will create Britain's sixth-largest bank by assets and a stronger challenger to the country's top four lenders. | Video
Video game and electronics retailer GameStop Corp is holding talks with private equity firms about a potential transaction after receiving buyout interest, people familiar with the matter said on Monday.
Kraft Heinz Co is considering a sale of children's energy drink brand Complan in India, which could fetch about $1 billion, Bloomberg reported on Monday, citing people familiar with the matter.
W.P. Carey Inc said on Monday it plans to buy commercial property owner Corporate Property Associates 17 – Global Inc in a $6 billion deal that could make it the No.2 U.S. net lease real estate investment trust by market value.
HELSINKI Data security company F-Secure said on Monday it had agreed to acquire Britain-based MWR InfoSecurity for 80 million pounds ($106 million) in cash to widen its range of cyber security services.
AT&T Inc is committed to spend as much as needed on the media business of newly acquired Time Warner Inc , Chief Executive Randall Stephenson told CNBC on Friday, with a plan to invest $21 billion to $22 billion in the combined company.
SandRidge Energy Inc said on Friday it had been approached by 17 potential bidders for a buyout, including billionaire Carl Icahn who is fighting for control of the oil and gas producer's board.
For U.S. media companies and investors, it was the ruling of the decade.
- Finance: Australia's IAG to sell Thai, Indonesia units to Tokio Marine for $390 million
- Technology: Fujifilm sues Xerox for well over $1 billion after aborted merger
- Healthcare: Australia's Sirtex expects approval for Chinese buyout
- Consumer: Google to invest $550 million in China e-commerce giant JD.com
- Energy: Canada's Baytex to buy oil producer Raging River for C$2.8 billion
- Industrials: Australia's Atlas gives Mineral Resources three days to match Rinehart bid
- M&A: PRESS DIGEST- Financial Times - June 19
- Bankruptcy: HNA to get China state support for fundraising - Bloomberg
- IPOs: Italian pasta maker appoints former Nomad Foods exec as CEO ahead of listing
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-Australia's Atlas gives Mineral Resources 3 days to match Rinehart bid
- Hedge Funds: Commentary: Hedge funds trapped in near-term Brent futures
- Regulatory: ExxonMobil investigating reports of attack on gas pipe project in Papua New Guinea
- ICICI Bank names Bakhshi interim head as CEO Chanda Kochhar goes on leave during probe
- Trump threatens to hit China with new tariffs on $200 billion in goods
- Stocks extend slide, yen up as Sino-U.S. trade dispute escalates
- Oil prices dip on expectations of rising OPEC, Russian supplies
- Gold prices rise as U.S.-China trade tensions intensify