TOKYO Japan's Toshiba Corp agreed on Wednesday to sell its prized semiconductor business to a group led by U.S. private equity firm Bain Capital LP, a key step in keeping the struggling Japanese conglomerate listed on the Tokyo exchange. | Video
HONG KONG Hong Kong-based insurer AIA Group Ltd is close to acquiring Commonwealth Bank of Australia's (CBA) insurance business which is likely to be valued at nearly $4 billion, two people with direct knowledge of the matter said.
SYDNEY Creditors of Australia's embattled Ten Network Holdings Ltd on Tuesday agreed to a A$209.7 million ($167 million) buyout from CBS Corp, effectively ending a battle for control between the U.S. broadcasting giant and Lachlan Murdoch. | Video
OSLO The proposed $74 billion tie-up of German industrial gases group Linde and U.S. peer Praxair got a boost on Tuesday when the world's biggest sovereign wealth fund said it was backing the deal.
MUMBAI/DETROIT Ford Motor Co and Indian vehicle maker Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd said on Monday they will launch a strategic alliance to counter challenges posed by fast-changing technology and global competition.
MONHEIM, Germany Bayer said it was unable to propose the sale of any digital farming assets to allay EU concerns about its planned $66 billion takeover of Monsanto.
SYDNEY Two Australian media moguls have lost a court challenge to CBS Corp's planned buyout of bankrupt television broadcaster Ten Network Holdings Ltd, giving the U.S. media giant a strong upper hand ahead of a creditor vote on Tuesday.
BEIJING/MUMBAI Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical Group is trimming the size of the stake it will buy in India's Gland Pharma to 74 percent for $1.1 billion, in a bid to salvage the stalled deal that would be the biggest takeover by a Chinese firm in India.
U.S. defence contractor Northrop Grumman Corp said on Monday it would buy Orbital ATK Inc for about $7.8 billion in a deal that gives it greater access to lucrative government contracts and expands its arsenal of missile defence systems and space rockets. | Video
HONG KONG Jollibee Foods Corp, popular in the Philippines for its sweet-style spaghetti and fried chicken, is exploring a bid for Britain's Pret A Manger which could value the upscale sandwich chain at over $1 billion, sources familiar with the matter said.
- Finance: Australia's CBA to sell life insurance unit to AIA Group for $3 billion
- Technology: Toshiba prepares to formalize chips sale, even as rejected suitor steps up legal action
- Healthcare: Luxottica, Essilor offer no merger concessions to EU regulators
- Consumer: Australia's Tabcorp to stick with investor meeting date for Tatts merger
- Energy: Jana claims EQT-Rice Energy deal synergies 'grossly exaggerated'
- Industrials: Norwegian Air still open to flight connection deal with Ryanair: CEO
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Google to buy part of HTC's smartphone operations for around $1 bln -source
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Toys R US receives court approval of "first day" motions to support business operations
- IPOs: BRIEF-Oasis Midstream Partners LP prices initial public offering
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Hilton Grand Vacations announces pricing of secondary common stock offering
- Hedge Funds: Investors bet on comeback: UK's Alan Howard amasses $3 billion
- Regulatory: UPDATE 2-Google to buy part of HTC's smartphone operations for around $1 bln -source
- Dollar shines, Asia shares slip after Fed signals Dec rate hike
- Face of Tata group to change in next decade, Ratan Tata says
- Fed keeps U.S. rates steady, to start portfolio drawdown in October |
- Western Digital takes legal step to stop Toshiba memory investment
- Apple concedes new watch has connectivity glitch |