Australia's Santos said on Tuesday it terminated discussions with Harbour Energy and rejected the U.S.-based firm's final takeover offer of $10.8 billion.
TOKYO Sony Corp said on Tuesday it would pay about $2.3 billion to gain control of EMI, becoming the world's biggest music publisher in an industry that has found new life in streaming services.
Adobe Systems Inc said on Monday it would buy e-commerce services provider Magento Commerce from private equity firm Permira for $1.68 billion in cash, its biggest deal in nearly a decade.
LaSalle Hotel Properties decided to sell itself to private equity firm Blackstone Group LP for $3.7 billion in cash, rejecting a cash-and-stock offer from rival Pebblebrook Hotel Trust.
U.S.-based Harbour Energy made a final offer of $10.8 billion for Australia's Santos Ltd on Monday, hiking its bid for a fifth time in nine months after a steep rise in oil prices and potentially deterring any rival bids.
General Electric Co announced a $11.1 billion deal on Monday to merge its transportation business with U.S. rail equipment manufacturer Wabtec Corp, with GE and its shareholders owning just over half of the combined business. | Video
Former MGM Holdings Inc Chief Executive Officer Gary Barber, who was ousted earlier this year, is speaking to investment banks about financing an offer to acquire the privately held U.S. movie studio, five people familiar with the matter said on Monday.
India's Tata Steel Ltd said on Friday it had completed the acquisition of a 72.7 percent stake in Bhushan Steel Ltd, which was in bankruptcy court over unpaid loans.
NEW YORK/STOCKHOLM PayPal Holdings Inc has agreed to buy Swedish financial technology startup iZettle for $2.2 billion in the U.S. online payments provider's biggest ever acquisition.
- Finance: LaSalle Hotel accepts Blackstone's $3.7 billion cash offer
- Technology: Sony in $2.3 billion deal for EMI, becomes world's biggest music publisher
- Healthcare: Varian says will not match Chinese bid for Australia's Sirtex
- Consumer: Hyundai Motor Group scraps revamp plan in victory for hedge fund Elliott
- Energy: BP invests in Israeli fast-charge battery company
- Industrials: Elliott poised to take stake in Thyssenkrupp: source
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Australia's Santos rejects $10.8 bln Harbour Energy bid, ends talks
- Bankruptcy: Croatia PM picks new economy minister to replace Dalic
- IPOs: BRIEF-Far Point Acquisition Files For IPO Of Up To 40 Mln Units
- Private Capital: UPDATE 2-Australia's Santos rejects $10.8 bln Harbour Energy bid, ends talks
- Hedge Funds: Commentary: Hedge funds trapped in near-term Brent futures
- Regulatory: UPDATE 2-Australia's Santos rejects $10.8 bln Harbour Energy bid, ends talks
- State Bank of India posts deepest-ever quarterly loss, expects bad loans to drop
- India to build sugar stockpile to cut surplus supplies in market
- Sensex, Nifty close slightly higher; SBI, Dr. Reddy's gain
- SGX to launch Indian derivatives despite legal move by NSE
- China, U.S. near deal on ZTE reprieve; Beijing cuts auto tariffs