LONDON Comcast beat Rupert Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox in the battle for Sky on Saturday after offering 30.6 billion pounds ($40 billion) in a dramatic auction to decide the fate of the pay-television group. | Video
LONDON Rupert Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox expects Sky's independent directors to recommend Comcast's $39 billion bid, after which Fox will concede defeat in the battle for the British broadcaster, a source with knowledge of the matter told Reuters.
LONDON The independent directors of Sky backed Comcast's offer for the pay-TV group on Saturday after a rare auction that saw the U.S. cable company defeat Rupert Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox.
FRANKFURT German consumer goods group Henkel is scanning the market for takeovers, its chief financial officer told a paper, declining to say whether it was looking at Nestle's skin health unit that was put up for sale earlier this week.
LONDON A protracted $34 billion bidding war for European broadcaster Sky between U.S. rivals Comcast and Twenty-First Century Fox is likely to be settled by a quick-fire auction on Saturday.
DUBAI State-owned Emirates and Etihad, two of the Middle East's top airlines, denied a Bloomberg report on Thursday which quoted unnamed sources as saying Emirates was seeking to take over smaller Etihad to create the world's largest carrier.
JOHANNESBURG South African media and e-commerce group Naspers' plan to spin off Multichoice, Africa's biggest pay-TV business by subscribers, will free up cash for the unit to compete with fast-growing Netflix and other streaming services.
LONDON Nestle, Unilever and Coca-Cola are among bidders for GlaxoSmithKline's Indian Horlicks nutrition business, expected to fetch more than $4 billion, four people familiar with the matter said.
Marsh & McLennan Cos Inc has agreed to buy British rival Jardine Lloyd Thompson for $5.7 billion as the world's biggest insurance broker looks to expand its global presence and increase its focus on faster-growing niche insurance areas.
Ride-hailing company Uber Technologies Inc is in early talks to buy food delivery company Deliveroo, Bloomberg reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter. | Video
- Finance: Australia's Propertylink gets $505 million takeover offer from ESR Group
- Technology: Comcast outbids Fox with $40 billion winning offer for Sky
- Healthcare: Refinitiv, Akzo buyouts hand more ammunition to private equity firms
- Consumer: Fox plans to concede defeat in Sky battle, review stake: source
- Energy: Shell in talks to sell $1.3 billion of Gulf Coast assets: Bloomberg
- Industrials: Britain's Drax Group says in talks to buy power assets from Iberdrola
- M&A: RPT-UPDATE 4-Comcast outbids Fox with $40 billion winning offer for Sky
- Bankruptcy: Holdout bondholders join Puerto Rico sales tax debt restructuring
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Farfetch tops price range in IPO in boon to luxury market
- Private Capital: RPT-UPDATE 4-Comcast outbids Fox with $40 billion winning offer for Sky
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund Man Group shares bounce after assets rise in first half
- Regulatory: RPT-UPDATE 4-Comcast outbids Fox with $40 billion winning offer for Sky
- Asian firms shuffle production around the region as China tariffs hit
- OPEC and allies struggle to pump more oil as Iran supply falls
- India government likely to announce lower borrowing programme next week: sources
- Modi faces calls for resignation over Rafale jet deal
- IL&FS unit chief resigns amid default crisis at group