May 25 Washington, D.C.'s airports authority will lead a holiday-shortened week in the U.S. municipal bond market, issuing $578 million in refunding bonds as it forges on with capital projects at the region's two main airports.
* Crown weakness can lead to earlier, bigger rate hike-cbanker * U.S. yield fall helps CEE assets, dollar firming weighs on them * Assets mixed, currencies drift off multi-month lows * Leu resists pressure, trades near its firmest 2018 levels (Recasts with Czech central bank chief comments) By Sandor Peto BUDAPEST, May 25 The crown trimmed its losses against the euro on Friday after Czech Central Bank (CNB) Governor Jiri Rusnok said its weakness may bring fo
LONDON, May 25 Italy's short-dated bond yields soared on Friday as a sell-off in peripheral euro zone bond markets gathered pace on mounting concerns over political risks in Italy and Spain.
* Assets mixed after zloty, forint fall to multi-month lows * Euro/dollar eyed, bonds do not extend Thursday's gains * Leu resists pressure, trades near its firmest 2018 levels By Sandor Peto BUDAPEST, May 25 Central European markets took a breather on Friday after a recovery in bond prices in the previous session, with the main currencies rebounding from multi-month lows set in early trade. The currencies dropped in early trade before rebounding as a continu
* Alibaba, Xiaomi furthest along the CDR planning path - sources
BEIJING, May 25 Chinese battery maker Contemporary Amperex Technology Co Ltd (CATL) and battery recycler GEM Co Ltd have joined the Responsible Cobalt Initiative (RCI), an industry group set up to tackle risks in the cobalt supply chain.
TOKYO, May 25 Japanese government bond prices were steady to slightly firmer on Friday after U.S. President Donald Trump called off a key summit with North Korea, though trading was limited with few investors eager to buy at current levels.
SAO PAULO, May 24 Brazilian electronics company Multilaser Industrial SA on Thursday filed for regulatory clearance to launch an initial public offering, according to a securities filing.
WASHINGTON, May 24 Uber had disabled an emergency braking system in a self-driving vehicle that struck and killed a woman in Arizona in March even though the car had identified the need to apply the brakes, the National Transportation Safety Board said in a preliminary report released on Thursday.
May 24 GreenSky LLC, an online platform for consumers to get loans for home improvements or cosmetic surgery, made its market debut on Thursday, with shares rising slightly above the initial public offering price.
- M&A: UPDATE 1-Smiths Group, ICU Medical in talks about medical division merger
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 2-China's CITIC pays CEFC's Czech debts to end spat, to take over J&T stake
- Private Capital: France, Germany push for EU funding for technology start-ups
- Hedge Funds: Commentary: Hedge funds trapped in near-term Brent futures
- Regulatory News: Smiths Group, ICU Medical in talks on healthcare merger- source
- Qualcomm to meet China regulators in push to clear $44 billion NXP deal - sources
- ONGC awards tender to sell Brazil's Ostra oil to Shell: sources
- Comcast prepares to top Disney's $50 billion offer for Fox |
- Westfield shareholders approve $16 billion Unibail-Rodamco deal; Chairman Lowy retires
- CCI clears Bayer's deal for Monsanto