MONTREAL, Aug 23 Transat AT Inc shareholders on Friday overwhelmingly voted in favor of Air Canada's bid for the leisure group, in a deal that still requires domestic and European regulatory approval.
Aug 23 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Friday:
WASHINGTON, Aug 23 Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc on Friday completed a $9.6 billion deal to acquire Fox's 22 regional sports networks after the U.S. Justice Department gave its consent.
RIO DE JANEIRO/SAO PAULO, Aug 23 A group led by investment firm Itausa Investimentos SA delivered the highest bid to acquire Brazil's state-controlled oil company Petroleo Brasileiro SA LPG distribution unit, two people with knowledge of the matter said.
MOSCOW, Aug 23 Russia's A-property group, owned by businessman Albert Avdolyan, has requested approval from the country's antimonopoly service to buy 49% of the Elga coal project from Gazprombank, the group said on Friday.
BRASILIA/SAO PAULO, Aug 23 Germany's insurer Allianz SE will acquire Brazil's Sul America SA auto and property insurance portfolio for 3 billion reais ($734 million) in its largest push into Latin America's biggest economy, it said in a statement on Friday.
MONTREAL, Aug 23 Transat AT shareholders on Friday approved Air Canada's bid for the leisure group, in a deal that still requires domestic and European regulatory approval.
MOSCOW, Aug 23 A-property group, controlled by Russian businessman Albert Avdolyan, has requested an approval from Russia's antimonopoly service to buy a 49% stake in the Elga coal project from Gazprombank, Vedomosti newspaper reported on Friday.
LONDON, Aug 23 Japan's biggest asset manager plans to expand into the United States for the first time as part of efforts to win more money from overseas clients, its chief executive told Reuters.
* Companies announced marine fuel oil JV earlier in August (Adds detail on Trafigura financials)
- Finance: Opposition leaders denied entry to Kashmir, sent back from airport
- Technology: Former finance minister Arun Jaitley dies aged 66
- Healthcare: India rolls back tax hike on investors; outlines steps to boost sentiment
- Consumer: Kashmir protesters defy restrictions, clash with security forces
- Energy: Hong Kong protests met with tear gas; China frees UK mission staffer
- Industrials: India Inc grows impatient as economy dips and Modi is distracted