* STARBOARD VALUE LP REPORTS 8.9 PERCENT STAKE IN CARS.COM INC AS OF FEB 14 VERSUS A STAKE OF 7.0 PERCENT AS OF JAN 9 - SEC FILING Source text: (http://bit.ly/2BxDvNf) Further company coverage:
* 683 CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC REPORTS 21.8 PERCENT STAKE IN ONCONOVA THERAPEUTICS INC AS OF FEB 8 - SEC FILING
* MILL ROAD CAPITAL II LP REPORTS 5.6 PERCENT STAKE IN GOLDFIELD CORP AS OF FEBRUARY 7 - SEC FILING
* OZ MANAGEMENT LP REPORTS 5.19 PERCENT PASSIVE STAKE IN OCEAN RIG UDW INC AS OF FEB 7 - SEC FILING Source text: (http://bit.ly/2ob2xtj) Further company coverage:
* WL ROSS & CO. LLC REPORTS 5.4 PERCENT PASSIVE STAKE IN OCEANFIRST FINANCIAL CORP AS OF FEB 16 - SEC FILING Source text: (http://bit.ly/2EKan7t) Further company coverage:
* MARTIN FRIEDMAN REPORTS 5.22 PERCENT PASSIVE STAKE IN RBB BANCORP AS OF FEB 7 - SEC FILING Source text : http://bit.ly/2ELyQct Further company coverage:
LONDON, Feb 16 (LPC) - The financing backing US private equity firm Blackstone Group’s acquisition of a majority stake in Thomson Reuters' Financial and Risk (F&R) unit totals more than US$15bn, banking sources said on Friday.
* SELZ CAPITAL LLC REPORTS A 5.4 PERCENT PASSIVE STAKE IN TRILOGY METALS INC. AS OF FEB 9, 2018 - SEC FILING Source text: [http://bit.ly/2GlLwUJ] Further company coverage:
* ALPHA UX, INC. FILES TO SAY IT RAISED $8.25 MILLION IN EQUITY FINANCING - SEC FILING Source text for Eikon: [http://bit.ly/2Hk4oop]
* SHUTTERSTOCK INC SAYS ON FEB 15, 2018, CO ENTERED INTO ASSET PURCHASE AGREEMENT - SEC FILING
WASHINGTON The U.S. Department of Justice on Friday moved to prevent AT&T Inc from arguing that politics played a role in the government's decision to stop its merger with Time Warner Inc, a deal that President Donald Trump had publicly criticized.
NEW DELHI Indian banks could take a hit of more than $3 billion from loans and corporate guarantees provided to diamond companies at the centre of a massive alleged fraud at the state-run Punjab National Bank, the tax department has estimated.