SAN FRANCISCO After raging over the southern United States and Puerto Rico, remnants of hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria are now dampening U.S. corporate profits.
BEIJING China's economy is on track to meet its official growth target for 2017, the head of the state planning agency said on Saturday, despite a punishing war on pollution which is expected to slash industrial output over the winter months.
SHANGHAI Strengthening the role of the Communist Party in the governance of China's state-owned enterprises (SOEs) will improve their performance and not hurt private investors, the head of the state-asset regulator told reporters.
NEW YORK World stocks advanced, bond yields rose and the U.S. dollar strengthened on Friday on increased hopes President Donald Trump could make progress on his fiscal plans after the U.S. Senate approved a budget blueprint that paves the way for tax cuts.
WASHINGTON The U.S. budget deficit widened to $666 billion for the fiscal year 2017 as record spending more than offset record receipts, the Treasury Department said on Friday.
WASHINGTON President Donald Trump is considering nominating Federal Reserve Governor Jerome Powell and Stanford University economist John Taylor for the central bank's top two jobs, in an apparent bid to reassure markets and appease conservatives hungry for change.
* Publicis, Unilever, Kion Q3 disappoint (Updates prices at close, adds detail and quote)
Oct 20 Hong Kong shares rebounded sharply on Friday, as investors scrambled for bargains among stocks bruised from the previous session's sell-off, which was triggered by the Chinese central bank chief's reference to a "Minsky moment".
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Europe Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold falls as hopes of U.S. tax reform boost riskier assets
- Oil Report: IF TOTAL, CHEVRON INTERESTED IN MAJNOON FIELD, IRAQ WILL OFFER THEM TERMS DIFFERENT FROM THOSE OF SHELL
- US Dollar Report: FOREX-Dollar rises vs safe havens after U.S. Senate clears way for tax reform
- British Pound Report: Sterling bounces back, boosted by progress in Brexit talks