WASHINGTON U.S. home sales increased for a second straight month in March amid a rebound in activity in the Northeast and Midwest regions, but a dearth of houses on the market and higher prices remain headwinds as the spring selling season kicks off.
NEW YORK Wall Street fell into negative territory on Monday as signs of soft smartphone demand took a toll on tech stocks and a rise in bond yields dented demand for equities, offsetting optimism on earnings. | Video
WASHINGTON/MOSCOW The United States on Monday gave American customers of Russia's biggest aluminum producer more time to comply with sanctions, and said it would consider lifting them if United Company Rusal Plc's major shareholder, Russian tycoon Oleg Deripaska, ceded control of the company.
BRUSSELS The European Union asked on Monday to join a dispute brought by China to the World Trade Organization over U.S. import tariffs on steel and aluminum, just over a week before U.S. President Trump decides whether they should apply to Europe.
WASHINGTON U.S. Supreme Court justices on Monday appeared divided over a challenge to the constitutionality of the Securities and Exchange Commission's selection of in-house judges to enforce investor protection laws in a case involving a former radio host and investment adviser backed by the Trump administration.
HOUSTON Offshore rig operator Borr Drilling cut 66 jobs in Texas at the end of March, according to a state regulatory notice, as the company prepared to close on its purchase of Paragon Offshore.
* China Enterprises index HSCE falls 0.4 percent IT shares lead the decline, as funds slash ZTE valuations
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Europe Market Reports
- Gold: RPT-PRECIOUS-Palladium plunges as U.S. hints at Russia sanctions relief
- Oil Report: OIL PRICES EXTEND GAINS IN POST-SETTLEMENT TRADE; BRENT CRUDE UP BY MORE THAN $1 TO $75.08 A BARREL
- US Dollar Report: FOREX-Dollar climbs as U.S. 10-year bond yield flirts with 3 percent
- British Pound Report: UPDATE 1-April gains prove to be brief for struggling sterling