A steep fall in Walmart's shares put the skids on the S&P 500 and the Dow's six-day winning streak, but gains in Amazon and technology stocks kept the Nasdaq in positive territory.
U.S. semiconductor company Qualcomm Inc on Tuesday unveiled a sweetened $44 billion agreement to acquire NXP Semiconductors NV , its most defiant move in its defense against a hostile $121 billion bid from Broadcom Ltd .
GENEVA South Korea has launched a wide-ranging complaint at the World Trade Organization to challenge the U.S. use of anti-subsidy and anti-dumping duties, citing their use on steel and transformers, a WTO filing showed on Tuesday.
NEW YORK Walmart Inc , the world's biggest retailer, on Tuesday posted a sharp drop in profit and online sales growth during the critical holiday period and forecast annual profit at the lower end of expectations.
RIYADH/DUBAI Three months after Saudi Arabia detained scores of people in a crackdown on corruption, its rulers are trying to reassure investors that the kingdom remains open for business.
NEW YORK A six-day rebound in world stocks sputtered on Tuesday, hurt by rising bond yields and disappointing earnings from U.S. retailers, while the U.S. dollar extended a rebound from three-year lows.
* HSI financial sub-index drops 1.6 pct; property off 0.2 pct
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
Europe Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold falls for third session ahead of big U.S. debt auction
- Oil Report: UPDATE 6-U.S. crude prices rise on Cushing draw, Brent eases
- US Dollar Report: FOREX-Dollar recovers as traders eye U.S. Treasury auctions
- British Pound Report: UPDATE 2-Sterling strengthens on hopes Britain, EU can agree Brexit deal