WASHINGTON The U.S. trade war with China is "on hold" after the world's largest economies agreed to drop their tariff threats while they work on a wider trade agreement, U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Sunday. | Video
BERLIN German companies are concerned that U.S. President Donald Trump is increasingly thinking only of America rather than just putting his country first, the head of Germany's DIHK Chambers of Commerce told media.
WASHINGTON China has agreed to significantly increase its purchases of U.S. goods and services, the two countries said on Saturday, but made no mention of a $200 billion target the White House had touted earlier. | Video
PARIS France is looking to see if the European Union could compensate European companies that might face U.S. sanctions for doing business with Iran, French finance minister Bruno Le Maire said on Sunday.
WASHINGTON/KABUL U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to pull out of the Iran nuclear accord and re-impose sanctions on Tehran threatens to derail a project to help build Afghanistan's economy, endangering a key goal of the U.S. strategy to end America's longest war.
BEIJING Hollywood's push for greater access to China's booming film market - delayed since last year - has become tangled in broader trade talks between Washington and Beijing, a potentially thorny position amid whipsawing trade relations.
* Results lift Altice, but hit Maersk shares (Adds details, closing prices)
* HSI financial sector sub-index is flat; property sector up 0.3 pct
Asia/Pacific Market Reports
Americas Market Reports
- Gold: PRECIOUS-Gold rebounds as dollar eases on Italian political tensions
- Oil Report: UPDATE 1-EU could compensate firms hit by U.S. sanctions over Iran -French minister
- US Dollar Report: FOREX-Dollar climbs to five-month peak as euro falls on Italy worries
- British Pound Report: Sterling falls as dollar climbs, EU customs union concerns weigh