JAKARTA As she climbed down the steps at the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, Swapna Barman, India's newly-minted Asian Games heptathlon champion, handed over her gold medal to a bearded man and bent down to touch his feet.
JAKARTA China quietly continued their domination of the region's sporting arena, while 2020 Summer Olympics host Japan were buoyed by plenty of encouraging performances at the 18th Asian Games which ended in Indonesia on Sunday.
JAKARTA Indonesia bid an emotional farewell to the 18th Asian Games on a rain-soaked evening at the Gelora Bung Karno stadium on Sunday with the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) President hailing the event as a "historical success".
JAKARTA Japan staged a spectacular regulation time comeback to draw 6-6 before edging out Malaysia 3-1 in a penalty shootout and claim the men's hockey gold at the Asian Games on Saturday.
BOGOR, Indonesia Tottenham Hotspur striker Son Heung-min's professional career received a boost in the form of military exemption when South Korea won the Asian Games soccer gold on Saturday.
JAKARTA Esports will shift away from violent content and towards sports- focused titles for the 2022 Asian Games, the CEO of Chinese tech giant Alibaba's sports arm told Reuters on Sunday.
JAKARTA Buoyed up by the success of hosting the ongoing Asian Games, Indonesia will bid for the 2032 Olympics, President Joko Widodo said on Saturday.
JAKARTA Swapna Barman's claim to fame before landing in Jakarta was as the athlete with 12 toes but the 21-year-old will return home having forged a new identity after winning India's first Asian Games gold in the heptathlon.
JAKARTA Bahrain's Nigerian-born Edidiong Odiong picked up her third gold medal of the Asian Games on Thursday when she led her country to the women's 4x100 metres relay title, ending China's hold on the event.
JAKARTA Esports must streamline its governing bodies and avoid over-commercialisation before it can graduate to a full medal event at the next Asian Games, Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) Director General Husain Al-Musallam has told Reuters.
NEW DELHI The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) are closely monitoring developments in financial markets and are ready to take appropriate steps if needed, a central bank statement said on Sunday.
- RBI and SEBI ready to act to calm markets: statement
- OPEC, Russia rebuff Trump's call for immediate boost to oil output
- Asian firms shuffle production around the region as China tariffs hit
- Comcast demonstrates Sky-high ambition in global media shake-up
- Volkswagen's Porsche drops diesel in electric car push
- Bonds beat bank debt, dollar king for borrowers a decade after crisis: BIS
- Nepal restores $2.5 billion hydropower plant contract to Chinese firm
- Low interest rates spawn rise in number of zombie firms: BIS
- Insight: In Nigeria, Shell’s onshore roots still run deep
- China Premier Li says to reduce import-export costs, red tape