NEW YORK Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
MUMBAI The Indian government ignored several warnings from private companies that the complex technology required for a nationwide goods and services tax (GST) to work smoothly was not ready for launch, several people who worked on the project said.
- Government ignored warnings over GST rollout: sources
- Tobacco industry trumps as India court cancels stringent health labelling rules
- Fed's rosy economic scenario leaves inflation puzzle for Powell
- Britain looking at distinct trade deal with EU - finance minister
- Exclusive: Qatari dairy company battling Arab boycott to go public next year - sources
- China unveils 2017-2021 winter clean heating plan - media
- Metlife says it failed to pay some pensions, flags hit to reserves
- Luxottica CEO exits eyewear giant ahead of Essilor merger
- Palestinian billionaire Masri detained in Saudi Arabia: sources
- China, UK vow to bolster economic cooperation, speed up stock connect plan