NEW YORK Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
NEW DELHI London-listed Vedanta Resources hopes to restart its copper smelter in a city in Tamil Nadu and still wants to double its capacity despite protests demanding its closure that killed 13 people this week, a company executive told Reuters on Friday.
- Vedanta sticks with plan to expand Tamil Nadu smelter despite deadly protests
- Bank of Baroda, IDBI post big fourth-quarter losses as bad loans surge
- Sun Pharma warns U.S. pricing pressure to hit 2019 profit
- ICICI Bank, Chanda Kochhar receive notice from SEBI over Videocon loans
- U.S. reaches deal to keep China's ZTE in business - congressional aide |
- End 'hide and seek' Brexit approach, Barnier tells UK
- Exclusive: Pakistan seeks economic lifeline with fresh China loans
- Malaysia renegotiating terms of major Belt-and-Road rail project - PM Mahathir
- Audi CEO says diesel crisis not over and vows to stay on - report
- Oil output could return to Oct'16 level, says Russia's Novak