NEW YORK Former Goldman Sachs Group Inc director Rajat Gupta is expected to begin his two-year prison term on June 17 for insider trading.
BANGALORE India called a quarter of its 815 million voters to polls on Thursday, the biggest day of its staggered election, in areas ranging from Himalayan passes to a southern IT hub and western sugarcane farms.
NEW DELHI Reliance Industries , owner of the world's biggest refining complex, and HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part owned by steel tycoon L N Mittal, have sought environment ministry approval for raising capacity of their plants.
MUMBAI Since taking the helm of the Reserve Bank of India, Raghuram Rajan's agenda to reform markets has put the noses of Mumbai bond traders firmly out of joint by upending practices that provided them with a relatively secure rate of return.
MUMBAI Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in unlisted Shriram Capital Ltd for 20.14 billion rupees ($334 million), increasing its foothold in the financial services sector.
WASHINGTON A former 20-year veteran of BP plc who oversaw the company's cleanup efforts from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill will pay more than $224,000 to settle civil charges alleging he used non-public information about the disaster to commit insider-trading, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.
NEW DELHI Indian banks could take a hit of more than $3 billion from loans and corporate guarantees provided to diamond companies at the centre of a massive alleged fraud at the state-run Punjab National Bank, the tax department has estimated.
- Exclusive: Indian banks may take more than $3 billion hit from PNB fraud - tax dept
- Three held as $1.8 billion fraud ripples through Indian banks
- City Union Bank CEO says suffered cyber hack via SWIFT system
- India, Iran sign pact during Rouhani visit on leasing port
- Iran deepens freight discount to boost oil sales to India - sources
- Exclusive: Unpublished data shows India's fraud problems extend far beyond PNB
- Fraud-hit PNB says can recover quickly, as police widen probe
- Stock volatility: back with a bang and here to stay
- Nasdaq Dubai launches Abu Dhabi, Dubai equity index futures
- WhatsApp to go ahead with 'full feature' money transfer service in India