Edition:
India

Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX.N)

GBX.N on New York Stock Exchange

52.85USD
22 Feb 2018
Change (% chg)

$-0.20 (-0.38%)
Prev Close
$53.05
Open
$53.10
Day's High
$53.35
Day's Low
$52.35
Volume
69,594
Avg. Vol
77,303
52-wk High
$54.40
52-wk Low
$40.50

Latest Key Developments (Source: Significant Developments)

Greenbrier Reports Q1 Earnings Per Share $0.83
Friday, 5 Jan 2018 

Jan 5 (Reuters) - Greenbrier Companies Inc ::GREENBRIER REPORTS FIRST QUARTER RESULTS.Q1 EARNINGS PER SHARE $0.83.Q1 REVENUE $559.5 MILLION VERSUS I/B/E/S VIEW $595.3 MILLION.Q1 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $0.91 -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S.- ‍NEW RAILCAR BACKLOG AS OF NOVEMBER 30, 2017 WAS 26,500 UNITS WITH AN ESTIMATED VALUE OF $2.56 BILLION​.SAYS REAFFIRMS FY 2018 GUIDANCE.GREENBRIER COMPANIES SAYS FISCAL 2018 REVENUE WILL BE $2.4 BILLION - $2.6 BILLION.SEES ‍FOR FISCAL 2018 EXCLUDING EXPECTED BENEFITS OF RECENT TAX REFORM ACT DELIVERIES TO BE ABOUT 20,000 - 22,000 UNITS​.FY2018 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $4.10, REVENUE VIEW $2.51 BILLION -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S.- NEW RAILCAR DELIVERIES TOTALED 4,400 UNITS FOR QUARTER.- ORDERS FOR 3,200 DIVERSIFIED RAILCARS WERE RECEIVED DURING QUARTER, VALUED AT OVER $290 MILLION.  Full Article

Greenbrier Companies Q4 adjusted earnings per share $0.86
Friday, 27 Oct 2017 

Oct 27 (Reuters) - Greenbrier Companies Inc :Greenbrier reports fourth quarter and fiscal year results.Q4 adjusted earnings per share $0.86.Q4 earnings per share $0.75.Q4 revenue $611.4 million versus I/B/E/S view $652.7 million.Q4 earnings per share view $0.78 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.Board increases dividend​.Issues earnings guidance for fiscal 2018​.Sees FY 2018 ‍revenue will be $2.4 billion - $2.6 billion​.Sees FY 2018 ‍diluted EPS of up to $4.00​.FY2018 earnings per share view $3.65, revenue view $2.25 billion -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.Says for FY18 ‍deliveries will be 20,000 - 22,000 units including Greenbrier-Maxion​.Board increases quarterly dividend to $0.23 per share​.Expect more deliveries to produce greater revenue and higher EPS in fiscal 2018 compared to fiscal 2017​.Earnings for quarter include a $3.5 million ($0.11/share) impact related to goodwill impairment charge recorded by GBW​.Board extends share repurchase authorization to March 2019​.Says will "advance its international agenda" further in fiscal 2018​.  Full Article

Greenbrier announces orders for 3,900 railcars expects to exceed diluted EPS guidance for recently-completed fiscal 2017
Wednesday, 4 Oct 2017 

Oct 4 (Reuters) - Greenbrier Companies Inc : :Greenbrier announces orders for 3,900 railcars; expects to exceed diluted EPS guidance for recently-completed fiscal 2017.Sees FY 2017 earnings per share $3.45 to $3.65 excluding items.Greenbrier Companies Inc says ‍announced new orders during its Q4 ended august 31, 2017 totaling 2,500 railcar units valued at $200 million​.In fiscal 2017, Greenbrier received orders for over 16,500 railcars in North America, Europe and Brazil valued at $1.5 billion.Expects to exceed previously announced diluted EPS guidance of $3.45 to $3.65 for fiscal year 2017.  Full Article

Greenbrier-Astra Rail formed in Europe-based merger between Greenbrier Europe and Astra Rail
Thursday, 13 Oct 2016 

Greenbrier Companies Inc : Greenbrier-Astra Rail formed in Europe-based merger between Greenbrier Europe and Astra Rail . Co, Astra Rail management GMBH announced plans to form a new company, Greenbrier-Astra Rail . Expects transaction to be accretive to earnings per share by end of fiscal year 2017 . Greenbrier-Astra Rail will be led by an experienced Europe-based management team from both companies . Greenbrier expects transaction to be accretive to earnings per share by end of fiscal year 2017 . Greenbrier companies - as partial consideration for majority interest, Co to pay Astra Rail eur 30 million at closing, eur 30 million 12 months after closing . Greenbrier-Astra Rail will be controlled by greenbrier with an approximate 75% interest . Astra Rail's chairman Thomas Manns will own remainder of new company .Greenbrier-Astra Rail will include all European operations of Greenbrier And Astra Rail.  Full Article

Greenbrier Companies to acquire 19.5 pct ownership stake in Amsted-Maxion Cruzeiro
Tuesday, 24 May 2016 

Greenbrier Companies Inc : Entered into an agreement to acquire a 19.5% ownership stake in Amsted-Maxion Cruzeiro for $10 million . Greenbrier currently owns 19.5% of Greenbrier-Maxion while Amsted-Maxion Cruzeiro holds remaining 80.5% equity interest . Upon exercising purchase options it holds, co can potentially own up to a 60% direct equity interest in greenbrier-maxion . When co completes current investment in Amsted-Maxion Cruzeiro it will own 35% of outstanding equity of Greenbrier-Maxion .Secured an option, subject to certain conditions, to acquire an additional 10% interest in Amsted-Maxion Cruzeiro.  Full Article