Mitsubishi Materials Corp (5711.T)
19 Jan 2018
Thu, Dec 28 2017
TOKYO, Dec 28 Mitsubishi Materials Corp said on Thursday that a push to expand market share had driven a subsidiary to fake product specification, one of several compliance scandals that have come to light this year in a blow to the reputation of Japan Inc.
* to hold news conference at 0330 GMT on product data falsification Further company coverage: (Reporting by Ritsuko Ando)
* No immediate safety concerns, utility tells regulator (Adds detail, response from Mitsubishi Materials)
TOKYO Japan's Mitsubishi Materials Corp said it has found more cases of products shipped with possible falsified specifications as it investigates a widening data-fabrication scandal that has affected more than 300 of its customers.
* Impact of scandal to earnings unclear, company says (Adds details, quote)
(This version of the story corrects company name and Reuters instrument code to Subaru Corp in third paragraph in story published on Nov. 24) | Video
CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Mitsubishi Materials says over 200 customers could be affected by data falsification
* Mitsubishi Materials briefs on units falsifying product data
* Says it plans to transfer a part of real estate business to its consolidated subsidiary Mitsubishi Materials Real Estate Corporation, for 1.08 billion yen, effective Feb. 1, 2018
TOKYO, Nov 24 Japan's Nikkei share average fell on Friday morning after exporters such as automakers were sold, while Mitsubishi Materials dived after it said its subsidiaries falsified data.
TOKYO, Nov 24 Mitsubishi Materials Corp President Akira Takeuchi will hold a news conference at 3:30 p.m. (0630 GMT) in Tokyo to brief on data falsification found at its subsidiaries, the company said on Friday.