Renesas Electronics Corp (6723.T)
20 Mar 2018
Fri, Mar 9 2018
* Renesas shares surge almost 9 pct (Adds details of deal, industry context)
TOKYO, March 9 Japanese auto parts supplier Denso Corp said on Friday it has agreed to acquire an additional 4.5 percent stake in chip maker Renesas Electronics Corp, as carmakers accelerate development of self-driving vehicles and other technologies.
* Says Innovation Network Corporation of Japan will cut voting power in the company to 45.6 percent from 50.1 percent, effective March 14
(Adds company forecast) Renesas Electronics Corp CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS (in billions of yen unless specified) Year ended Year ended 3 months to Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2018 LATEST YEAR-AGO COMPANY RESULTS RESULTS FORECAST Sales 780.26 471.03 182.00 (+2.7 pct) Oper
TOKYO Renesas Electronics Corp dismissed a media report that said the Japanese automotive chip maker was in talks to acquire U.S. chipmaker Maxim Integrated Products Inc.
* Renesas says no truth to report regarding talks to buy Maxim
TOKYO Japanese automotive chip maker Renesas Electronics Corp is in talks to acquire U.S. chipmaker Maxim Integrated Products Inc in a deal that could be valued up to $20 billion, CNBC reported.
* RENESAS SAYS NO TRUTH TO REPORTS IT IS IN TALKS TO BUY CHIPMAKER MAXIM Further coverage: (Reporting By Chris Gallagher)
Jan 29 Japanese chip company Renesas Electronics Corp is in talks to acquire U.S. chipmaker Maxim Integrated Products Inc in a deal that could be valued up to $20 billion, CNBC reported on Monday.
BRIEF-Renesas In Talks To Acquire U.S. Chipmaker Maxim Integrated In What Could Be Close To A $20 Bln Deal – CNBC
* RENESAS ELECTRONICS IS IN TALKS TO ACQUIRE U.S. CHIPMAKER MAXIM INTEGRATED IN WHAT COULD BE CLOSE TO A $20 BILLION DEAL – CNBC, CITING SOURCES Further company coverage: