Mazda Motor Corp (7261.T)
18 May 2018
Fri, May 11 2018
TOKYO Mazda Motor Corp has named the head of its Americas operations as its next president and CEO after its current chief steps down in June, as Japan's fifth-largest automaker seeks to boost profitability in North America, its biggest market.
* Kogai steps down after 5 years; Marumoto promoted from VP role
TOKYO Two Japanese automakers, including Honda Motor, issued profit warnings for the current financial year on worries a stronger yen would erode their operating earnings, wiping out the impact of record high global vehicle sales.
* Stronger yen to offset forecasts for record-high global sales
* Sees operating profit down 28 pct in year through March * Assumes U.S. dollar rate 107 yen vs previous year's 111 yen (Adds details and background) TOKYO, April 27 Mazda Motor Corp forecast a 28 percent drop in full-year operating profit on Friday, hurt by a stronger yen as well as higher spending. Japan's fifth-largest automaker said it expects operating profit to slide to 105 billion yen ($960.8 million) in the year through March, missing a median for
TOKYO, April 27 Mazda Motor Corp forecast a 28 percent drop in full-year operating profit on Friday, hurt by a stronger yen as well as higher research and development costs. Japan's No. 5 automaker said it expects operating profit to slide to 105 billion yen ($960.8 million) in the year through March, missing a median forecast for 136.9 billion yen from 19 analysts polled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. For the year just ended, its operating profit rose 16.5 percent
BRIEF-Mazda Motor Is Expected To See Group Operating Profit Fall About 20 Percent On The Year In Fiscal 2018 - Nikkei
* MAZDA MOTOR IS EXPECTED TO SEE GROUP OPERATING PROFIT FALL ABOUT 20 PERCENT ON THE YEAR IN FISCAL 2018 - NIKKEI
MOSCOW, April 12 Russia's standards agency said on Thursday it had been informed of a voluntary recall of 20,030 Mazda CX-5 cars sold between November 2012 and September 2015.
* MAZDA AND TOYOTA ESTABLISH JOINT-VENTURE COMPANY "MAZDA TOYOTA MANUFACTURING, U.S.A., INC."
* MAZDA NORTH AMERICAN OPERATIONS - TOTAL FEBRUARY U.S. SALES OF 25,731 VEHICLES, AN INCREASE OF 12.7 PERCENT VERSUS FEBRUARY OF LAST YEAR Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: