Nomura Holdings Inc (8604.T)
HONG KONG, Jan 15 Japan's Nomura Holdings has hired Guy Smith as its head of debt capital and leveraged financing businesses in Asia excluding Japan from ride-hailing company Grab, according to an internal memo seen by Reuters on Monday.
* Says it plans to transfer a part of stock management business to a wholly owned unit, effective April 1
* Says it received a notice from Nomura Securities Co., Ltd., confirming share subscription
* Says it repurchased 31.3 million shares of its common stock for 20.97 billion yen in total from Dec. 1, 2017 to Dec. 31, 2017
Jan 3 The following financial services industry appointments were announced on Wednesday. To inform us of other job changes, email email@example.com.
HONG KONG, Jan 3 Japan's Nomura Holdings has appointed former Barclays banker Anoop Chaudhry as head of infrastructure and utilities sectors in its investment banking team in Asia excluding Japan, according to an internal memo.
* Says it will issue 246,700 shares to Nomura Securities Co Ltd, with subscription date on Jan. 9, 2018 and payment date on Jan. 10, 2018
* Says it receives notice from Nomura Securities Co., Ltd., confirming subscription of 381,000 new shares for 888.2 million yen in total (2,331.16 yen per share) via private placement
TOKYO Nomura Holdings Inc is returning to private equity - a move that comes as it seeks more stable income through consulting services and as Japanese firms increasingly look to divest non-core businesses as part of restructuring plans.