Monex Group Inc (8698.T)
22 Jun 2018
Fri, Apr 20 2018
TOKYO Japan's cryptocurrency exchanges should be regulated more like banks as they hold investors' assets while offering trading platforms, the chief executive of online brokerage Monex Group Inc said.
* Most exchanges hold investor assets and offer trading platform
* Says it completes acquisition of Coincheck Inc, on April 16
TOKYO Japanese online brokerage firm Monex Group Inc will buy Coincheck Inc, the exchange at the center of a $530 million digital money heist, for 3.6 billion yen ($33.6 million), the latest move by a mainstream finance firm into the cryptocurrency market.
* Watchdog raps three more exchanges over lapses (Adds context, Monex CEO comment, regulator punishing other exchanges)
* MONEX CEO SAYS AIMING FOR COINCHECK TO RESUME ALL SERVICES AND GAIN REGISTRATION IN AROUND 2 MONTHS
* Says it plans to acquire 100 percent voting power in Coincheck Inc, for 3.6 billion yen
TOKYO Japanese online brokerage firm Monex Group Inc said on Tuesday it was considering buying Coincheck Inc, the cryptocurrency exchange hit by a high-profile $530 million theft of digital money earlier this year.
* Coincheck CEO to be replaced, reports Nikkei (Writes through, adds details of Coincheck business, industry context)
TOKYO, April 3 Japanese stocks fell on Tuesday, led by tech firms and makers of electronic components after U.S. tech stocks tumbled overnight on resurgent trade war fears, while Monex jumped after saying it might buy cryptocurrency exchange Coincheck.