Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings Inc (9501.T)
22 Jun 2018
Tue, Jun 12 2018
TOKYO Japanese shares rose on Tuesday, buoyed by optimism the U.S.-North Korea summit in Singapore could eventually pave the way to denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.
* JERA Co, the world's biggest liquefied natural gas (LNG) buyer, says it has lowered the net profit outlook for fuel sales and overseas power generation by 80 billion yen to 140 billion yen ($1.33 billion)
* Chubu Electric Power Co announced on Tuesday it would pay 335 billion yen ($3.13 billion) as a capital contribution to fuel venture JERA Co to maintain its equal relationship with Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco)
* Chubu Electric Power Co to pay around 350 billion yen ($3.29 billion) as a capital contribution to its JERA fuel joint venture with Tokyo Electric Power Co Holdings (Tepco), the Nikkei business daily said on Friday
TOKYO, Feb 7 A Tokyo court on Wednesday ordered Tokyo Electric Power (Tepco) to pay around 1.1 billion yen ($10 million) to a group of Fukushima residents, local media reported, nearly seven years after the company's reactor meltdowns in northeastern Japan.
* Japanese utility Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings (TEPCO) has invested an undisclosed sum in Electron, a British technology company which specialises in blockchain technology
* Says the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California rejected a lawsuit seeking compensation for Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant disaster as the court does not have jurisdiction on the case