Abertis Infraestructuras SA (ABE.MC)
Wed, Nov 15 2017
MILAN Atlantia Chief Executive told the Financial Times on Wednesday that there is room for the Italian infrastructure group to improve its offer on Spain's Abertis.
MILAN/MADRID Italy's Atlantia plans to improve its offer for rival Spanish toll roads operator Abertis to trump a 17.1 billion-euro bid from Spanish construction giant ACS's German unit Hochtief , two sources said.
* Says does not consider Abertis telecoms assets "strategic" in its takeover offer
MADRID The board of Abertis wants Atlantia to improve its offer for the Spanish toll road group although the Italians have the backing of a key shareholder in a takeover battle.
* Key shareholder also backs Italy's Atlantia (Adds details, share reaction)
FRANKFURT Hochtief expects the takeover process for Spanish toll road operator Abertis to run into 2018, Chief Executive Marcelino Fernandez Verdes said in a memo to staff.
MADRID, Oct 19 Spanish toll road operator Abertis said its top shareholder was ready to take up an acquisition offer by Italy's Atlantia although its board thought the price could be improved after a rival offered more.
DUESSELDORF/MILAN German builder Hochtief , controlled by Spain's ACS , made a 17.1 billion euro ($20.1 billion) bid for Spanish toll road operator Abertis on Wednesday, topping a rival offer from Italy's Atlantia .
* Hochtief plans capital increase of up to 24.8 mln shares (Adds Hochtief CEO comments)
DUESSELDORF German builder Hochtief's 17.1 billion-euro (£15.2 billion) bid for Spanish toll road operator Abertis is purely based on business considerations, Chief Executive Marcelino Fernandez Verdes said.
- Weekly CEF Roundup: CEFs Bucking The Market Trend
- 3 Things On A Tuesday
- Checking Back In With London: Upcoming Tender Offer For Aberdeen Funds May Be Attractive, But Still Many Unknowns
- Checking Back In With London: Aberdeen's Incoming Emerging Markets Equity Income Fund
- Weekly CEF Roundup: CEFs Take A Breather
- 6 Cheap Ways Of Getting Emerging Markets Exposure