Albemarle Corp (ALB.N)
Thu, Aug 9 2018
SANTIAGO, Aug 8 Chilean miner SQM said on Wednesday it would overtake competitor Albemarle as the world's top producer of lithium by 2022, boosting its production capacity that year to 28 percent of the world's total versus the U.S.-based Albemarle's 16 percent.
Aug 8 Albemarle Corp ALB.N, the world's largest producer of electric car battery ingredient lithium, said on Wednesday it would double its stock buyback for the year to $500 million, sending its shares up more than 7 percent in morning trading.
Aug 7 Albemarle Corp, the world's largest producer of lithium, said on Tuesday that its quarterly profit nearly tripled as sales and selling prices surged for the mineral used to make electric car batteries.
SANTIAGO, July 30 Chile's government said on Monday that lithium miner Albemarle had been slow to respond to the government's requests for information about a contract the U.S.-based miner signed with the South American country in 2016.
July 25 Privately held clean energy investor Genlith Inc said on Wednesday that it hired outgoing Albemarle Corp executive John Mitchell to run its Chilean cobalt subsidiary.
July 24 The Albemarle Corp executive overseeing the company's massive lithium operations, a key supplier of the mineral used to make batteries for Tesla Inc automobiles, is leaving at the end of the month, according to an internal memo reviewed by Reuters.
* Shares down 29 pct in 2018 on competition concerns (Adds other executive changes, background)
* ALBEMARLE SEES INCREASE IN SOLID-STATE BATTERY RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT, COMMERCIAL APPLICATION 5-10 YEAR TIMELINE, SOLID-STATE BATTERIES REQUIRE MORE LITHIUM - PRESIDENT JOHN MITHCELL
* ALBEMARLE CORP CONTINUES TO SEE GLOBAL LITHIUM DEMAND AT OVER 800,000 METRIC TONS IN 2025 - CEO LUKE KISSAM
* ALBEMARLE CONTINUES DOUBLE DIGIT GROWTH IN FIRST QUARTER ON STRONG LITHIUM RESULTS
- Tracking Robert Karr's Joho Capital Portfolio - Q2 2018 Update
- The Lithium Collapse Is Creating Opportunity
- The U.S. Must Rely On Innovative Domestic Startups To Reduce Dependency On Imported Lithium
- Trump's Shift Into Overdrive Could Bury America's EV Space
- S&P 500: It's All In The Numbers And The Numbers Never Lie
- Albemarle: Up On Better Than Expected Q2 Results