Bankia SA (BKIA.MC)
22 Nov 2017
Mon, Oct 30 2017
* Says BMN may make slightly more than originally forecast 200 million euros ($232 million) in pre-provision profit in 2017
* Says the bank expects to announce a new strategic plan by next January or February
* Spanish state owns around 67 pct of bank (includes shares reaction and details on bad loans)
* 9-MONTH NET INTEREST INCOME 1.47 BILLION EUROS VERSUS 1.63 BILLION EUROS YEAR AGO
MADRID, Oct 30 Spain's state-owned lender Bankia posted on Monday a 1 percent increase in nine-month net profit from a year earlier on lower loan-loss provisions and higher fees, which helped offset eroded lending income.
MADRID, Oct 26 A partial sale of Spanish state-held lender Bankia is possible by the end of 2017 if a crisis prompted by a secession bid by the wealthy region of Catalonia is resolved, Economy Minister Luis de Guindos said on Thursday.
MADRID, Sept 19 Spain's bailout fund, known as the Frob, is looking at placing a package of between 7-8 percent of shares in state-held bank Bankia, the Economy Minister Luis de Guindos said on Tuesday.
MADRID, Sept 14 The chairman of Spain's state-controlled Bankia said on Thursday he was optimistic the national bank bailout fund (FROB) would soon continue the privatisation of the lender.
* Says expects the lender to end 2017 with a bad loan ratio of around 8.5 percent, down from 9.1 percent at end-June Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Madrid Newsroom)
* Says he sees more possibilities for the government to sell further stakes in Bankia after merger with BMN.