BHP Billiton PLC (BLT.L)
Thu, Jul 12 2018
SANTIAGO, July 11 BHP Billiton Plc handed in a proposal for a new labor contract to the union at its Escondida copper mine in Chile that includes a salary readjustment linked to inflation and a $23,000 bonus per worker, the company said on Wednesday.
SANTIAGO, July 6 Labor negotiations at BHP Billiton Plc Escondida copper mine in Chile, the world's largest, are entering into the final three weeks before a 30-month contract expires at the end of July.
July 5 Negotiations between workers and BHP Billiton Plc at the Escondida copper mine in Chile, the world's largest, are "far from reaching agreement" with less than three weeks to go before the negotiation deadline, a union official told Reuters on Thursday.
RIO DE JANEIRO, June 28 Brazilian miner Vale said on Thursday it would pay 557.7 million reais ($144.42 million) in the second half of the year to restore the environment and communities damaged by a 2015 disaster at Samarco, a joint venture it has with BHP Billiton.
Global miner BHP Billiton said on Wednesday that its joint venture with a unit of Mitsubishi Corp would sell a coal mine in Queensland in Australia to Japan's Sojitz Corp for A$100 million ($74.89 million).
- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
* May double nickel sulphate output to 200,000 T (Recasts, adds details on cobalt, nickel sulphate plans)
Energy firm Woodside Petroleum on Monday said that its plan to buy ExxonMobil Corp's 50-percent interest in Australia's Scarborough gas field had been given the go-ahead by BHP Billiton, which partly owns the development.
March 12 Energy firm Woodside Petroleum on Monday said that its plan to buy ExxonMobil Corp's 50-percent interest in Australia's Scarborough gas field had been given the go-ahead by BHP Billiton, which partly owns the development.
March 9 Australian shares ended slightly higher on Friday as gains across a number of sectors outpaced a decline in materials, allowing the benchmark to end the week higher.
- It's The Volatility, Stupid
- Are Google, Twitter, And Facebook Losers?
- Google Vs. Intel Showdown
- March Quarter GDP Views Dim, Market Valuations Stretch, And Friday's Data Sets The Tone For April
- Suitor Seeking Virgin
- The Monday Morning Kickoff - Apple's Monday Event, Nike's Earnings, More Fed Head Jawboning And Good Friday