Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMWG.DE)
Sun, Aug 19 2018
BEIJING, Aug 19 BMW will give the possibility of raising its stake in its Chinese joint venture careful consideration, China's official Xinhua news agency reported on Sunday, citing a company executive.
FRANKFURT BMW reported a smaller-than-expected 6 percent decline in second quarter operating profit on Thursday while brushing off concerns about new anti-pollution rules and trade tensions which caused rival Daimler to warn on profits.
* Shares closed down 0.4 pct (Adds CEO comment on tariffs, analyst comment)
FRANKFURT BMW's said it is producing between 10,000 and 20,000 X5 sports utility vehicles in Thailand as a way to supply Chinese customers now that imported vehicles from the United States face a 40 percent tariff.
FRANKFURT, Aug 2 BMW expects China sales to rise between 5 and 10 percent this year, despite the introduction of 40 percent import tariffs on vehicles imported from the United States since July.
FRANKFURT, Aug 2 German carmaker BMW reported a smaller than expected 6 percent decline in second-quarter operating profit on Thursday, even as higher spending to develop electric and autonomous cars weighed on earnings.
FRANKFURT/BUDAPEST BMW will invest 1 billion euros ($1.17 bln) to build a new plant in Hungary at a time when a rise in protectionism is forcing carmakers to curb inter-continental exports and to refocus production networks to serve regional trading blocs.
* Zloty eases; Central European currencies, stocks are mixed * Polish CPI below forecast, Slovenian inflation retreats * Analysts expect Czech central bank to hike rates on Thursday (Recasts with new analyst comments, analyst poll on Czech rates) By Sandor Peto BUDAPEST, July 31 The zloty eased on Tuesday after Poland released lower-than-expected inflation figures for July, which underpinned the view that interest rates will not rise any time soon. Central E
* Could help offset economic slowdown in 2019 and after -analyst
FRANKFURT, July 31 BMW said it is investing 1 billion euros ($1.17 bln) in a new car factory in Debrecen, Hungary capable of building electric cars.
- Here are the Five Most Important New Vehicles at the Detroit Auto Show
- BMW's New M2 Goes Zero to Sixty in Just over Four Seconds
- Korean Cars Named As Top Quality Vehicles, Japan Autos Drop: J.D. Power
- BMW Reports Record Sales Following Increased Demand in U.S. & China
- EPA Says Gas Mileage Numbers Inflated On 4 Mini Cooper Models
- BMW Launches Automated Driving Project in China with Baidu